lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default How to charge just one battery?

For those of you that use a separate 12v for accessories, how do you charge it?

Long story short I have a 4x12v set up and had a wire come loose and melt a terminal post. I just bought one new battery as the rest of the pack is only about 6months old. I installed the new one, charged it up, and equalized but it was still about .5v behind the rest. I took it for a drive then plugged it in immediately when I got home. After charging, it only gets to about 85% (12.55v) and the other 3 are at 100% (12.80v+). My thought is if I disconnect that one battery from the pack and use a car charger to get the voltage equal with the rest it will then maintain a similar voltage when connected together? Am I off on this?

Thanks!!
JakeJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to charge just one battery?

You are on the right track, the other batteries are already broke in. It's normal for the new one to lower until it too is broke in. I would charge the new guy to about 14v then drive a bit and repeat daily until it starts to match the rest.

PS - no need to disconnect anything to do this. Just put the 12v charger on the new battery
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How to charge just one battery?

Sounds good, thanks for the help!
JakeJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, battery, car charger, charger, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha