lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
jmontz32
Not Yet Wild

Default Street legal brake lights

The area where I live decided to crack down on golf carts during this pandemic and now we have to make them street legal. I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent and the place I bought it from added a harness with led headlights and taillights. I got on amazon this week and ordered a horn, blinkers, and brake light to complete the street legal install. I have the horn and blinkers working (red hawk lights and rhox blinker) but I cannot figure out the brake light pad. I found the wire for it in the battery compartment and ran it under the cart, plugged the connectors into each other and mounted the switch. Is there something else that needs to be done behind the dash before this brake light switch will work? Is their another type of relay needed? Also, I didn't buy the timer version so I would assume it needs to be wired to key switch?
jmontz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Street legal brake lights

to BGW

Hmm, that brake pad switch should just be a momentary switch that only activated the lights when your foot applies pressure to it- no need for relays or running it through the key switch. Did all of the lights, wires, and switches come in the same kit?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
jmontz32
Not Yet Wild

They didn't. I ordered the blinker setup and brake pad separate. I noticed on some online videos that a jumper behind the dash was also required for the brake pad to work but a jumper didn't come in my kit. To add to the confusion, the video with the jumper install seems to place it where the blinkers plugged in on the harness so if a jumper is rewuired how do you run brake lights and blinkers?
jmontz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The pad switch should close when you step on it, completing the circuit. You can verify this with an ohmmeter. I think all you need to do is splice the switch into the hot (positive) wire for the brake lights, and you should be good to go.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake light legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car