lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Default Am I overpaying for this build?

I know golf cart prices are regional, and local markets are what they are, but I'd still appreciate the collective opinion.

My original plan was to buy a 2009+ Precedent as cheaply as possible, and build it into a dedicate hunting cart. I've been watching CL and FB for several months now, and a cheap base cart just isn't popping up ("Cheap" meaning sub-$3000).

My local brick-and-mortar CC dealer will build me a cart based off a 2017 golf course fleet car. I'm trying to use a site sponsor for the performance upgrades like motor/controller/solenoid myself, later down the road.

Build:
  • All Sports 6" lift
  • New Trojan T-875s
  • 12" steel wheels
  • 23" Arisun 6-ply AT tires
  • Rear seat kit
  • Fully Serviced

They want $5750 for that and say they can build it in 4 days.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Am I overpaying for this build?

I will not have that much in mine and it needed everything. That said, I am doing all the work and some folks don't want to go through that (and I understand that!).
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #3
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I will not have that much in mine and it needed everything. That said, I am doing all the work and some folks don't want to go through that (and I understand that!).
It's not that I don't want to do the work—it's that I can't find someone to sell me the base cart.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wasn't implying that and apologize if it came across that way. I started mine in April and it still isn't done (it was rough, and I am slow!). Seems like these have become like gold to some folks (there is a thread in here about how difficult it is to find carts currently, and the stupid prices that are being asked).

Where are you located? That might help if someone here is near you and has a lead on something.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #5
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Where are you located? That might help if someone here is near you and has a lead on something.
I'm in Central Texas. They want $4200 for just the base cart with Continental batteries in it.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Holy crap
Old 09-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Looks like you’re getting about $2,500 in upgrades. Can you get a cart for under $3,250?
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
Looks like you’re getting about $2,500 in upgrades. Can you get a cart for under $3,250?
I get an email from CL every time a club car precedent is posted, and the cheapest I've seen is $4000 with questionable batteries.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If I am understanding you correctly, the dealer owns the cart and will do the upgrades?

If that is the market and what they are getting for them that is what it is. Maybe a bit high but not far out of line for around here.

Carts are not "popping up cheap" anywhere.

Of course you have the other option as simicrintz has done (quite nicely) and do it all yourself frame up.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #10
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
If I am understanding you correctly, the dealer owns the cart and will do the upgrades?
Dealer bought the carts from a local golf club, and will install the upgrades listed in bullet points, yes. I haven't talked to my local dealer about performance upgrades yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car