lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
Pawnmaster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent wiring questions

Hey guys 2005 Club Car Precedent, I removed the factory wiring for the tail lights and the 12 pin connector. I’m left with a black and orange wire that join together as well as a blue and white wire that comes from the 9pin connector which ends up back at the controller as a tan wire. That black and orange end up at the controller as a black wire. Can I assume these are some sort of switched power + and - or do I need to connect these somewhere to something? The blue and whit wire after a few connections ends up back at the solenoid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C9DDC66-F3EC-4CD0-9B6E-AAB909C0EFF3.jpg (111.1 KB, 0 views)
Pawnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 06:36 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent wiring questions

The Blue/White wire is critical for the cart to work as it brings the +48v switched from the Key Switch to the MCOR, Controller and Solenoid.

The other wires are negatives to the dash for the light circuit (brake relay, horn and lights negatives) and not needed for the cart to operate.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correction: The Blue wire from the 9-pin connector is the wire that brings the switched +48v from the key switch.

The Blue/White wire on the 12-pin connector goes to the dash to be used as the "trigger" wire on a DC converter and not needed.

Sorry about that, got your old Precedent mixed up with the latest models that no longer include the bucket harness.

You do not need any of those wires for the cart to operate.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
Pawnmaster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Sergio, that’s what I was thinking . I’ve completely eliminated the OBC and just trying to figure out what wiring I need to keep and what needs to go. Going to Navitas AC with an onboard charger and 200amp solenoid
Old 11-16-2020, 11:15 PM   #5
Pawnmaster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

2005 Club car OBC wiring OBC removed from cart

Best I can tell, #10 black wire goes to the charge port which I have eliminated, #18 red wire goes to a sonic weld to the solenoid and to the F/n/r
#18 yellow goes to a sonic weld with green to the controller and green to the MCOR
#16 white sonic weld, pink to f/n/r, grey to the controller and green to the 9pin dash
#18 Brown/white goes to 9pin
#18 light blue to controller
#10 and #6 black going to the controller

If I go from battery negative to the controller I eliminate all the black wires
If I clip the yellow and red wires at the sonic weld the run/tow still functions?
Connect the white, blue whote together at the sonic weld the f/n/r is still connected to the dash 9 pin and the controller (switched power?)

The brown and white can just be capped and buried

Trying to eliminate as much unnecessary wiring as possible
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car