lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2021, 05:12 AM   #11
SIGALICIOUS
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Max speed 10mph

This version hahaha...

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
SIGALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2021, 06:44 AM   #12
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds to me that the speed sensor is the issue. They are cheap! Call David Hicks aka "TahoeDawgZ71" @ Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 he can take care of you!

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #13
SIGALICIOUS
Not Yet Wild

Is the speed sensor on the motor? If so the sensor is brand new as the motor is brand new. Unless it's a defective sensor on a new motor.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:10 AM   #14
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGALICIOUS View Post
I just filled the batteries yesterday using the handy watering system on these batteries after a full charge. The history of this cart is unknown. Physically it's in mint shape. Mechanically it's slow. I took a 30 second ride to check speed today after the new motor was put in. I tested the batteries after the ride. I can recharge, wait 12 hours and test again. For some reason I highly doubt this is going to give me 4 more mph.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
I'd put a volt meter on the pack and see what it is when you are at WOT. If it is ~50-51v after coming off the charger, cart sitting, and more than ~48 while driving at max speed (apparently 10mph) the primary issue is likely not the batteries. Would then consider controller programming or motor issues. May also want to make sure your solenoid is passing full pack voltage under a load.

Your batteries may still be weak, but this is easy to do and should tell you where to look first.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #15
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Now we can properly diagnose!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:46 AM   #16
SIGALICIOUS
Not Yet Wild

Cart is currently charging. I will pull it form the charger and run the test tomorrow evening.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #17
SIGALICIOUS
Not Yet Wild

Ok, here we go....

Battery Pack charge post charging - 53.5
Battery Pack charge after 23 hours - 50.1
Battery Pack charge at WOT - 49.0
Old 03-26-2021, 01:42 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

50.1 is very low for sitting 24 hours. That’s only ~80% state of charge. Do you have a voltage reducer or anything extra installed?

My 48v pack would charge and hold 51.2ish for a month at a time.

What are your individual battery voltages? Are they all the same age? You may have one “older” but still good battery pulling down system voltage. But 49v at full pedal is pretty good still. When you release the pedal how long does it take to go back up and after about a mile ride, how high does it recover to after 5 minutes?

Is there any fast/slow changes when you hold the pedal? Or is it pretty smooth and consistent, just slow?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #19
SIGALICIOUS
Not Yet Wild

The cart used to have a 48v to 12v reducer. I took it out as it was for the radio and LEDs that were running off the reducer. The 48v batteries power the cart alone. All other accessories run off a sealed agm 12v battery on a separate circuit with separate trickle charger. I have disconnected the reverse buzzer.

The speed is consistent and goes a little faster rolling down hill. Haven't had it out more that a 1/4 mile as it seems so slow. Speed is the same going backwards.

The individual voltages are posted on page one. The center two batteries seem low to me. 8.2 and 8.3.

When I charge the batteries using the carts oem charger should the top most arrow be lit? It flashes green while charging and turns solid green but the top most arrow does night light up.

I have spoken to Scottyb at carts unlimited and have an order in for an alltrax xct500iq and a 400 amp solenoid and he will map the controller to my d&d motor.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:10 PM   #20
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGALICIOUS View Post
Ok, here we go....

Battery Pack charge post charging - 53.5
Battery Pack charge after 23 hours - 50.1
Battery Pack charge at WOT - 49.0
Speed being limited to 10mph is not due to the batteries.

They may not be perfect, but you've got another issue that is causing the low speed.

As suggested before, it likely is in the controller (maybe wonky programming?) or possibly the motor. Also, I'd check the voltage at WOT on the controller side of the solenoid for good measure.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car