lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2022, 01:23 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Navitas has immobilzed following failed software update

Help!

Just installed Navitas motor & controller on my 2010 Club Car Precedent - cart was running fine when I tested it and before using the Navitas Dashboard app.

I registered for the app and connected to Navitas. Following the manufacturer's advice, I looked for upgrades to the software as step 1. There was an updated version and so I selected to install this. I kept my iPhone on the seat of the golf cart at all times (close to the controller) but got a timeout error message and there was a notice that the upgrade installation had failed and to restart the app and try again.

My cart is now immobilized PLUS I cannot connect to the Navitas controller using the app.

Is there a way to factory reset this without it going back to the factory? I am in Hong Kong and have had to get this shipped - to return the controller would be a total nightmare.

I have a 12-hour time difference with the Plum Quick and it's also a weekend - if I can get help here rather than waiting for 2 days then this would be great.

Many thanks.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #2
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Navitas has immobilzed following failed software update

FIXED - managed to find the answer elsewhere online - it was a simple case of flipping the tow switch on and off and then starting over...phew!
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #3
lnichols949
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for posting both original and solution. I was updating my firmware today and the same thing happened. Your solution fixed mine as well. Thanks again!
lnichols949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:47 PM   #4
RickO
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes, thanks for posting the resolution.

I just upgraded my 2007 Precedent with a new Navitas 440 and FSIP motor and I too hit that little stumbling block. Turning your ignition key off and then back on after all setting changes or firmware updates will do the same thing. Kind of like restarting your computer after an update.

Good luck.
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car