lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2022, 04:40 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
So is allied. And plowman's (who sells them, and usually has them in stock)

And to answer your question re current ratings, the eco and allied are pretty comparable with one another. I chose allied because I didn’t have to make any modifications to install them since they’re the same size and shape as a regular battery.

Below is a 65aH allied compared to a 72aH eco. Slightly different setup than I have, I’ve got 3 of the 48v 30aH batteries for 90aH. You also have to keep in mind that even though your controller is rated at 250 or 500 or whatever amps, it’s not going to draw that much often, if ever. My cart cruising at around 25mph draws around 50 amps give or take. The most I’ve seen it draw is about 150 and that’s REALLY beating on it doing donuts in the snow with a cart full of kids
FYI, the Eco 72Ah continuous discharge current has been updated to 175 amps according to E.B.

You are right, I have never seen over 130 amps from a stop with 4 passengers. I only did that ONCE!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve seen up into the 150’s lots of times. But never for more than a few seconds or so.

Unless we’re doing donuts in the snow. It will hang at about 150ish as long as we’re doing it but my batteries have never cut out or missed a beat.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Love those lithiums!

I don't peak that high because I have my throttle response set to 35%.

But wouldn't you get better traction in the snow with FLA's.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Actually the lead acid batteries did handle the real cold stuff a lot better for discharge and range. If it’s less than low 30’s or maybe high 20’s I don’t go out. Problem in the winter time is I have to wait for a warm day where it’s above 32 in my garage to charge it

Either that or get a beat up old gas cart for snow. Used to be able to get one of those for a few hundred bucks. Nowadays it’s more like 3k
Old 07-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Actually the lead acid batteries did handle the real cold stuff a lot better for discharge and range. If it’s less than low 30’s or maybe high 20’s I don’t go out. Problem in the winter time is I have to wait for a warm day where it’s above 32 in my garage to charge it

Either that or get a beat up old gas cart for snow. Used to be able to get one of those for a few hundred bucks. Nowadays it’s more like 3k
You're a lot tougher than I am! I don't go out if it's below 50!

And that's as many as 10 days a year!

An old gas cart would be great in the snow. Until the gas gels!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Don’t worry. I’ve got a heavy doorworks enclosure and a heater. It’s generally 60 degrees inside the cart. I’m not as tough as I look
Old 07-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Don’t worry. I’ve got a heavy doorworks enclosure and a heater. It’s generally 60 degrees inside the cart. I’m not as tough as I look
Old 07-01-2022, 09:45 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm waiting for some company to make a REAL 4 season pack! Has to be able to keep itself warm both on and off the charger. MADE in USA or Canada for those of us who use our buggies for work 7 days a week. A guy can dream no?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:47 AM   #19
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I'm waiting for some company to make a REAL 4 season pack! Has to be able to keep itself warm both on and off the charger. MADE in USA or Canada for those of us who use our buggies for work 7 days a week. A guy can dream no?
I'm surprised someone hasn't addressed this issue for cold weather use and charging of the carts. It has to be hampering sales of lithium in northern states.

If I still lived in Ohio, I would not have gone lithium.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:12 PM   #20
TimboOKC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the feedback. The Allieds look like a strong possibility since they're in stock and Eco is still in limbo on delivery of the 72.

Do you have to replace the charger and strength of charge meter when you make the switch to lithium?
TimboOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car