lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
claymoore73
Not Yet Wild

Default Which lift Kit for Club Car DS? Spindle, A-Arm or Long Travel

I have been playing around with a 1986 Club Car DS that was given to me for nothing. I got it working in less than an hour of it being given to me and got hooked on these carts. I started looking around for the perfect deal on a newer 48 Volt Club Car. Yesterday I found a 2002 Club Car DS 48 Volt Series cart. Nothing modified on it and everything was perfect. Own be an elderly gentleman. They only wanted $1,350 for this cart. I couldn't pass it up. Very happy with the cart and I think it was an amazing deal. The guys phone was ringing off the hook, but I called and got there first.

I plan at some point in doing a controller and motor and other upgrades. Right now I want to do a lift kit. My son and I will use the cart on road and on some trails. The trails are fairly rough, but nothing extreme I don't think anyways. We are able to make it on the trails now. Just have to go very slow with it and be careful. I have been debating on which lift kit to go with on the cart. I want a 6" lift. Do I save the money and go with a spindle lift, or would an A-Arm be better. If we are going on mostly trails would the long travel lift be worth the money? Any controller or motor upgrades I do would be for torque and not speed. Right now I really don't care about going really fast on the cart.

I don't want to learn the hard way with buying the wrong kit or over buying if I really don't need it with the Long Travel. The brand I have been considering is All Sports Manufacturing, Inc. They have a Spindle Lift, Super Sport A-Arm Lift or they have a Long Travel Lift.

What are the opinions of the Pro's on here?
claymoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Which lift Kit for Club Car DS? Spindle, A-Arm or Long Travel

Long travel is going to be the smoothest ride. A-arm will be a little better than stock but the spindle will be no different than your stock ride. The long travel and A-Arm will renew you entire front end. Depends what you are looking for, smooth or just taller. If you have the money then ger the long travel.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I can't say enough about All-Sports lift kits. I've got the A-Arm lift on my Precedent... Wanted to get the long travel but couldn't see spending that much money on it...(even at my dealer cost, it was high!) Very satisfied with the A-Arm 6" kit.. I LOVE it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Having not used an All Sport long travel I cant say, but I personally like Jakes the best so far?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Here is a pic of Sinker, it has a 6" Allsport Sport lift on it, pic is a little dark but it rides much better than stock.

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is my 01 DS with an 8" A-Arm and 22" tires. I am very impressed with the torque and speed with the combination of upgrades listed in my signature. I like the A-Arm because of the complete front end replacement not that it is really much better than a spindle lift. With the Alltrax dialed all the way up on throttle, it will pull the front tires off the ground and bark the rear tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lifted Cart 002.jpg (8.7 KB, 266 views)
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Having not used an All Sport long travel I cant say, but I personally like Jakes the best so far?
I've heard good things about Jakes... But aren't they just spindle only kits? or do they offer the A-Arm kits as well?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

no, they have long travel a-arm also :rolleyes: but Allsports does make a sweet lift for club cars
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
no, they have long travel a-arm also :rolleyes: but Allsports does make a sweet lift for club cars
Good to know but I can't imagine being any happier than I am with my All Sports kit
Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
claymoore73
Not Yet Wild

I think I'm going to go with the Long Travel lift Kit. Looks like the ride will be smother. We ride on some rough trails. The A-Arm All Sports kits looks better than stock, but the same principle. The money difference isn't an issue. I can get the All Sports Long Travel for $700 with Shipping and Jakes Long Travel is Close to $1,000 with shipping.

I can see pictures of the All Sports Kit Installed online and it looks nicer than the Jakes kit myself. I'm still leaning more toward the All Sport Kit.

Thanks for the advice. These carts are definetley adicting! More mods to do also going to work on making it street legal to put tags on it. I'm in Florida. Called the DMV and got the steps needed.
claymoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 2002, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car