lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
jjgg992003
Not Yet Wild

Smile 98 ezgo txt series starts off fast

i have an ezgo txt series golf cart. This crt was given to me for free. the batteries were bad so i changed them to get it running. When i first turned it on, the golf cart almost left me behind. i blocked up the car and started looking at these forums. all the info i read lead to the its. i have 14.5 volts on one side of the its but as soon as i touch the pedal i get 1.5 on the white wire on the other side of the its. i readjusted the plunger to the manuals specs, and the jumping at the start went away. i still had the problem so i went to a local store and picked up an its solenoid. i replaced it and i still have the same issue. i took the solenoid out of the box and left it wired up. when i hit the pedal i still get 1.5 volts on the white wire. i know something isnt adding up. the plunger isnt even near the its and when the microswicth activates automatically i get 1.5 volts. now the other issue is when u floor the pedal the voltage goes up to 4vdc and the motor turns off. To me it seems that something is adding 1 volt to the system that shouldn't. please help. i am a hands on guy and i am having trouble with this one. if it were a motor i probably would of figured it out by now. also i tried checking the wires with a volt meter and everything checked out well. i even unhooked the white wire from the controller to see if the controller was backfeeding voltage to the white wire.
jjgg992003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
jjgg992003
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98 ezgo txt series starts off fast

i figured it out. it ended up being the its was bad. it had a small short between the black and white wire plug on the controller.
jjgg992003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 ezgo txt series starts off fast

That's great. What kind of short? In the plug or what? At the white wire you should get .5v when the solenoid clicks and 1.5 at full throttle. I have a friend in GA with a similar problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, fast, start, stop, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO