lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Technical Questions about Regen braking.

2008 TXT PDS with 1206MX controller.

What is the current path(s) for Regenerative Braking?
a. When the throttle is slightly depressed? (HPD Switch Closed - Solenoid Closed)
b. When the throttle is high pedal? (HPD Switch Open - Solenoid Open)

Is the current generated during Regen Barking converted to chemical energy? (IE: Charges the battery)
Or is it converted to heat and dissipated. (IE: Via resistor hidden someplace I haven't found yet)

What got me wondering about this is from what I can see on all the schematics I've seen, when the solenoid is open, the only complete current path between battery pack's B+ and B- is the 250 ohm resistor across the large terminals on the solenoid.

That completes the circuit, but the current flow generated slowing the cart from Speed-A to Speed-B will be roughly the same as what it takes to accelerate the cart from Speed-B to Speed-A over a similar period of time and the wattage rating of the resistor isn't anywhere near what would be required to handle that kind of current. (The resistor is rated in Watts and the Regen Braking will generate Kilo-Watts)

The few brains cells I have left may be fading rapidly, but when I add 2+2 and get Chartreuse for an answer, I'm pretty sure I've missed something somewhere.

Any enlightenment would be most appreciated.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Technical Questions about Regen braking.

Regen current flows back into the pack. I do not know the current path, but it is regulated by the controller.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO