lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Controller light stays on.

I noticed that my alltrax controller light was staying on all the time even with the key switch off. I put the FNR in gear and pressed the pedal but the cart did not move. I did notice that my battery meter, which is wired into the key switch, lit up slightly when the pedal was pressed so some current is active.

When the key is turned on the cart operates normally.

The other day my daughter had used the cart and put it back on the charger but forgot to turn the key switch off and put the FNR in nuetral. Is it possible that the charger fried the key switch?
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller light stays on.

Something is not wired properly. The F&R micro switches get + power from the battery pack, they send it to the key switch, the key switch sends it to the peddle box micro switch, it sends it to the solenoid and controller. Oops that assumes TXT, you didn't say what model, I see you have a Marathon in your avatar? In the Marathon power goes from the key to the Potentiometer micro switch ( instead of the Peddle box) otherwise it is the same. .. The charger should not matter unless you have it wired into the key? It should just go straight to the battery mains.
By following this sequence of switches you find your problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I do have a 91 Marathon. It has not done this before....I would have seen it and my wiring has not been changed in over a year. I have been working on a rear end whine problem for the last several weeks and just noticed it this weekend.

I have the battery meter (one of those round ones with the red to yellow to green lights) wired into the pack through the key. It does light up when the peddle is presed now with the key off which is strange. I thought maybe leaving the key on during charge might have messed something up but I will look at my wires again.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have checked and gone over the wiring and if something is off I can't find it.

One other thing I realized is that if the controller light is on and the peddle is depressed it will go off. If it is depressed again it comes back on. The peddle is now acting like an on off switch.

The cart operates normally otherwise. Any ideas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO