lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #21
bigdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: The New Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
In my opinion; When you start comparing they are about the same. They all have their strong points and weak points. You need to ask yourself some questions (I'm sure others will add to this list)

How is it going to be used? Do you want to customize it with lifts/tires/wheels...etc...You need to look at prices of those products so you will know how much its going to add to the cost of your cart. All depends on what YOU want and how much you want to spend.
Oh, I am just going to use it for the golf course, no customizations, just something dependable and high quality.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

For the golf course, since it's yours and not one that gets beat, any of them will do the job.

IMO, a Precedent has a lot more luxuries and is more powerful than all the others. From what I've seen, the new ones (2006+) have been very reliable with no problems. The 2004s and 2005s were the first two years, they had a few issues but they're all gone now. A new Precedent will run you around $5,500 or so.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #23
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

you can pick up ezgo's fairly cheaper used and on a golf course you dont need a nice suspension for what i put mine through i think there pretty tuff
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You get what you pay for. E-Z-GOs do ride VERY nicely, and they're pretty tough (suspension), but they really handle badly if they're a 2000 model or older. They have ponderous handling.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #25
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

over 20mph and those ezgo makes you want to keep it an ez-slow(hurray for zipties)
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #26
K151
Not Yet Wild

Older thread now but I'll just mention that I've used many Yamahas over the years (the course I work at primarily uses Yamahas, unless they need more for a tournament or something, in which case they might have some ezgos or Club Cars).

Anyhow I do like Yamahas, but I like the older models better. I used a G1 and many G2s. It just seems impossible to break those things! The old ones at the course are all gas (for maintenance).
The club house uses electric Yamahas. Comparing handling, I think Yamahas handle the best.

I've only really driven club cars a couple times, so I don't have an educated opinion about them, just a "feel".
I'm sure all 3 companies make reliable enough cars.
Someone else mentioned the fragility of the Yamaha front suspension. I would probably agree. For the newer Yamahas, that's a weak point. Old ones seem indestructible though. Considering the abuse they see in maintenance, it's rather amazing those things are still going.
K151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #27
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with everything you said except the handling part. But that's more a matter of opinion than a paper-stated fact.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #28
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You mentioned fragile....I use an electric drive at work and when there is a passenger riding it feels like the frame is flexing alot. I read an the yami website where they changed up the frame. Says they made it 20% lighter and 2.5 times stronger. I dont belive so...not after what I am experiancing with mine.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #29
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Club Car said they made the frame on the Precedent 250% stronger than the DS, but I think that's off also.

I found that the Drive is, overall, a sloppy cart. It isn't very nice to drive and sure doesn't ride very well. The Precedent frame does a lot of flexing, but it rides like no other cart. I think that the newer things you buy, the cheaper they are built and will last less time than older. My 1996 Club Car is impossible to damage. The 2007 Precedent I tried out was not "weak" per se, just not nearly as strong as the old ones. The Drive is certainly no G1, but it's not "weak" either. Just enough to get by.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #30
K151
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome!

As for handling, I haven't tried the Precedent or the Drive, so I don't have any opinion regarding those. I've only ever used slightly older Yamahas. I think the course has 3 year old electric Yamahas. The only Club Cars or ezgos I've used were at least 4 or 5 years old, so I have no idea how the Precedent handles.
K151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha