lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default How do I access my MCOR

I'm reading that many are checking their MCOR's with a DVM and I'm prepared to do that but I'm wondering how it is accessed most easily? Is it as simple as pealing back the rubber floor mat and working from the top? IF I want to take it out to clean the contacts, should I do that from the top? I've searched for threads on removing the MCOR from an 06 Precedent with no luck.

If i've missed it and it's on here somewhere, I apologize for reposting.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: How do I access my MCOR---long!

For a while we had MCCORs dropping like flies at the golf course. First flip the tow/run switch to tow, wait a couple of minutes then remove the negative battery cable. Loosen the 2 large head torx screws on each piece of side trim clamping the floor mat, Remove floor mat along with it's load of dirt hidden there. Next blow all the remaining dirt and crap out of grooves and off floor pan. Remove the black christmas tree rivet from the triangle shaped cover over the brake equalizer and the wire connectors. Loosen and remove only one side of the brake rod lock nut. One end is left hand threads.The rod will then rotate in the linkage to disconnect it. Next carefully disconnect the 2 and 3 pin connectors for the wires, They have a lock clip so use a small screwdriver to lift the locking tab. Wiggle them apart, do not snatch or pull hard!!! Remove the 2 torx screws on each side of the pedal group and lift the pedal group out as a unit. Clean out the hole the pedal group sits in at this time before you start reassembly. There is a 5/16" hex headed screw hidden beneath the MCCOR black box that you have to remove to separate the components. Remove this and then pull the MCCOR off the pedal group, Clean it up and install your new MCCOR on pedal group. Be careful and don't wring the small sheet metal screw off. Reverse the procedure to reinstall. Use a little dielectric grease on the plugs to make them go together easily. When you reconnect the brake linkage, Club Car says to have 2"+ or-1/16" clearance between linkage and floor pan. Reverse the rest of the process that you used to remove the floormat and tuck the mat in place under the dash and below the seat part of the body and then you can connect the negative wire and flip the tow/run switch to run and away you go.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How do I access my MCOR---long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadavis View Post
For a while we had MCCORs dropping like flies at the golf course. First flip the tow/run switch to tow, wait a couple of minutes then remove the negative battery cable. Loosen the 2 large head torx screws on each piece of side trim clamping the floor mat, Remove floor mat along with it's load of dirt hidden there. Next blow all the remaining dirt and crap out of grooves and off floor pan. Remove the black christmas tree rivet from the triangle shaped cover over the brake equalizer and the wire connectors. Loosen and remove only one side of the brake rod lock nut. One end is left hand threads.The rod will then rotate in the linkage to disconnect it. Next carefully disconnect the 2 and 3 pin connectors for the wires, They have a lock clip so use a small screwdriver to lift the locking tab. Wiggle them apart, do not snatch or pull hard!!! Remove the 2 torx screws on each side of the pedal group and lift the pedal group out as a unit. Clean out the hole the pedal group sits in at this time before you start reassembly. There is a 5/16" hex headed screw hidden beneath the MCCOR black box that you have to remove to separate the components. Remove this and then pull the MCCOR off the pedal group, Clean it up and install your new MCCOR on pedal group. Be careful and don't wring the small sheet metal screw off. Reverse the procedure to reinstall. Use a little dielectric grease on the plugs to make them go together easily. When you reconnect the brake linkage, Club Car says to have 2"+ or-1/16" clearance between linkage and floor pan. Reverse the rest of the process that you used to remove the floormat and tuck the mat in place under the dash and below the seat part of the body and then you can connect the negative wire and flip the tow/run switch to run and away you go.
GADAVIS,
Thank you very much for going to the trouble to spell that out for me in detail. That should be a "sticky" it's so good! I appreciate it. Can't wait to get home this afternoon and tear into it and see what's going on in there.

Thanks again!
7CLUB
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: How do I access my MCOR

Learned it from necessity and some good coaching advice from Tahoe Dawg!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Came in handy. I pulled the whole thing out, cleaned everything up, lubed what I could (working parts) and put it all back in. Works a LOT better!

Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
gadavis
Gone Wild

Good to hear you had success. We changed about a dozen of them in about 2 months Gene
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
gofast67
Gone Wild

Hello I just seen this thread. I was just curious what kind of problem you were having to pull all that apart for. I got an 07 that has some new batteries in it but won't go over about 6 mph for some odd reason .That is why I was asking. Thanks
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast67 View Post
Hello I just seen this thread. I was just curious what kind of problem you were having to pull all that apart for. I got an 07 that has some new batteries in it but won't go over about 6 mph for some odd reason .That is why I was asking. Thanks
You more than likely have a different problem, maybe you should start a new thread detailing your issues.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast67 View Post
Sounds that you may have a bad speed sensor. Go up to the stickies and do a speed sensor test. A cart will go to a limp mode of 8 mph if the speed sensor goes bad...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
gofast67
Gone Wild

Thank you very much for the info.I will do the test first before I post a new thread.
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car