lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #11
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Inline toggle switch for reducer question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
Thanks. But this seems to be for 12v. I'm looking to toggle the line between the 36v from batteries and the 36v-->12v dx DC reducer so the reducer doesn't draw power from the pack when sitting idle in the garage. How would relay fit in this setup?
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Thanks. But this seems to be for 12v. I'm looking to toggle the line between the 36v from batteries and the 36v-->12v dx DC reducer so the reducer doesn't draw power from the pack when sitting idle in the garage. How would relay fit in this setup?
for what you want to do, which is to put a toggle switch between the 36v battery pack and the 12v DC Converter, you don't need the relay......if you look at the whole thread.....the use of the relay makes it so the DC Converter only has power when the KEY is on......if you are going to use a separate toggle, there is no need for the relay. I have done exactly what you are asking about.....and I don't have a relay in my set up.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #13
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
for what you want to do, which is to put a toggle switch between the 36v battery pack and the 12v DC Converter, you don't need the relay......if you look at the whole thread.....the use of the relay makes it so the DC Converter only has power when the KEY is on......if you are going to use a separate toggle, there is no need for the relay. I have done exactly what you are asking about.....and I don't have a relay in my set up.
Got it. Thanks. So did you install a 36v or 48v specific switch so you don't weld the switch together as mentioned above? If so, can you point me to the switch you use? Thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #14
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I haven't been on here in a while but I took my toggle out of the equation. All my 12v items I run have on/off switches built in. I read somewhere here that the draw if any was so minimal I didn't worry about it. Plus I didn't want to have a welded switch and it was in the way.
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #15
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It was the same part # that Scotty B had in his pic so I thought it was right
Old 02-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #16
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I guess no one has been able to find a reliable way to toggle switch a DC converter off the main battery pack?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Got it. Thanks. So did you install a 36v or 48v specific switch so you don't weld the switch together as mentioned above? If so, can you point me to the switch you use? Thanks
I don't think the volts matter... the amps would be what you'd need to consider in the toggle.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #18
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
I don't think the volts matter... the amps would be what you'd need to consider in the toggle.
Makes sense. Any idea what amp rating toggle I would need to get to go between 36V pack and the DC reducer? Would it be the max amp rating of the output side of the DC reducer (ie. 30 amp)?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #19
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Seems like I've read that on here before so I would think at least matching the output would be safe
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I has a reducer installed on my RXV witha Heavy duty switch. The reducer smoked itself after about 10 off/on cycles. Installed a separate 12 volt battery which works much better and doesn't pull from the pack.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO