lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g1 project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetucks View Post
I have been looking at a few things. I took the cable off the solenoid that goes to a2. I put the volt meter on the cable and it shows 12vt. I put the voltmeter on the solenoid where the cable is suppose to go and it also shows 12vts. Why is that? If I remove the cable going to a1 from the other solenoid (both are off the solenoids at this point) then both lines have no voltage. but both solenoids where the lines go have 12vts. im totally lost....
That is normal and the way Yamaha wired it.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Also if I leave either line off either solenoid the cart will not try to start at all.

This is also normal

one more thing....when everything is connected and I put the key in reverse the backup buzzer buzzes and when I push the pedal down it tries to turn the engine over but cant and I noticed the bolt where the line from a2 is connected on the solenoid is smoking a bit like its heating up.
Low voltage will need high current to try to accomplish the same task.

While pressing the pedal in reverse, check voltage from the battery ground to A1, then from the battery ground to A2.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #13
thetucks
Gone Wild

Ok i put the volt meter on 20. Put it in Reverse and put the volt meter on a1. Voltmeter jumped to 1. So i pushed the pedal and it then registered 7vt. It tries to start but can'tturn over the motor. A1 also shows the 7vt.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #14
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Ok i put the volt meter on 20. Put it in Reverse and put the volt meter on a1. Voltmeter jumped to 1. So i pushed the pedal and it then registered 7vt. It tries to start but can'tturn over the motor. A1 also shows the 7vt.
What does it read from battery ground to A2 when pressing the pedal in reverse?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
thetucks
Gone Wild

With the switch in the off it shows 12vt. In forward it shows 12vt. In reverse it blinks the meter to 16ft then shows 1. This is with the meter on the battery negative and the a1 or a2.

With meter negative on the battery and the positive on nothing as soon as iput Iit in reverse it tries to go to the 1 on the meter.....
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #16
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

The contacts in one of your solenoids are dirty. Can you post a pic of both of the solenoids. You might as well clean both of them.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
thetucks
Gone Wild

I can see which one it is because the lugs on the outside are all coroded. I'm going to replace it. Now when i put it in forward and try to start it it won't turn over. It tries to turn over but cant. The voltage drops to 4vt when i push the pedal in forward.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
I can see which one it is because the lugs on the outside are all coroded. I'm going to replace it. Now when i put it in forward and try to start it it won't turn over. It tries to turn over but cant. The voltage drops to 4vt when i push the pedal in forward.
You can't tell from the outside of the solenoid if the contacts are bad/dirty. The solenoids are very pricey to replace. If they can be taken apart, which I think yours can, you can clean up the contacts for free.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #19
thetucks
Gone Wild

Yes mine has 4 bolts holding it together.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Do they look like these?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha