lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2022, 01:44 PM   #1
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Default Crown Vs Trojan 8v Batteries

Hello Everyone,

I'll be replacing my batteries this week and have narrowed it down to Crown or Trojan batteries. I haven't been able to find much on Crown batteries. Opinions on the two? I have a stock motor and stock controller. 4" lift and oversize tires. I currently have US Batteries that have lasted almost 4 years.

Thanks for your opinions!
eliw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2022, 02:31 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Crown Vs Trojan 8v Batteries

The CR190 is perhaps the BEST 8v battery ever made. It has super thick plates and a very high amp hour capacity. I have installed hundreds of these without a single manufacturers defect. T875 is a close second.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:45 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are my thoughts on buying batteries. Never buy a plain black battery. They can be anybody's piece of junk they slapped a label on saying that it was any brand. Go with colored batteries like the red Trojans, the green Interstates or my favorite US Battery Red. I believe this happened to me with some Crown Batteries.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:00 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Just my opinion. Crown is a manufacturer that builds a very good battery, used them in my boats for years. I have previously had Trojans but bought Crown Cr 165’s because that was all I could find in stock due to supply chain issues. I would have bought CR 190’s if I could have found them. I had a DPI Accusense charger and had problems with it not charging the Crowns completely because DPI doesn’t have the correct charging profile, they tell you to charge using the Trojan profile. I now have a Lester Summit II and it supports a lot of different charging profiles including Crown and Trojan.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #5
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for y'alls input. I have the club car ERIC charger. The profiles can be changed on that charger correct?
Old 03-22-2022, 10:06 AM   #6
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

I've spoken with every Club Car dealer within 100 miles and none of them can change the profile on my charger for different batteries. Am I missing something? Is this something that's not typically done? Do people just put new batteries and roll with the existing charger settings?
Old 03-22-2022, 10:48 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Google delta q profile change. You can do it yourself!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Here are my thoughts on buying batteries. Never buy a plain black battery. They can be anybody's piece of junk they slapped a label on saying that it was any brand. Go with colored batteries like the red Trojans, the green Interstates or my favorite US Battery Red. I believe this happened to me with some Crown Batteries.
Crown has always been red and white for me. Again CR190 not the lesser 180 or 170 ah.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:27 PM   #9
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Google delta q profile change. You can do it yourself!
Thanks Cartmaster! I googled it and went down a rabbit hole. Now I've got the correct algorithm for my batteries!
Old 08-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #10
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

I ran across this thread as I am back in this boat again. I have Crown CR-190s in my cart, they are all black. they are date coded Jan 2019 and have significantly lost reserve power over the past couple of months, potentially causing me to cook a cell. I am in the market again, but should Crown CR-190s be red and white? Could this be I have non Crown batteries?????

Also I am running a DPI Accusense, I have never heard of needing to reprogram it. I thought I was doing good!!!

Thanks for allowing me to derail.
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car