lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2022, 07:17 PM   #1
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car cuts off when going over speed bumps

For anyone who helped with my past posts thanks. Got everything working 100%... for a week.

Feels like this CC is never gonna let me rest. So my issue is that when I go over speed bumps the cart cuts off. It comes back on after few seconds. I have tested it over and over I can max the speed out around my neighborhood no problems but as soon as I hit a speed bump the cart cuts off.

So based on what I have read on these forums and elsewhere, the likely culprits are the MCOR, the batteries, or lose wiring, am I missing any?

I checked all the plug connectors to make sure they are making a good connection. Everything looks good. I did do a complete wire harness connectivity check before putting it back on and making it look pretty last week. If I have too I can pull it all back off I guess.

I haven't done anything with the MCOR other than make sure the plugs are connected firmly but it is a new unit so hoping it hasn't failed for some reason.

The battery pack is sitting at just above 50v currently at rest. When I put a load on it the dash mounted battery meter I installed will show it dip a bit but I have no issues cruising around until I hit a bump.
Geemonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 08:30 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car cuts off when going over speed bumps

Can you tell if the solenoid drops out when you hit the speedbump? Any of the switches, like the tow/run, keyswitch, F/R switch and footswitch in the MCOR can cause this if there is a bad contact or loose wire to one of them.

If there is any interruption to pin 6 of the Alltrax or to the solenoid coil, it can drop out momentarily.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:58 PM   #3
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

No the solenoid doesn't seem to release. I don't hear the click of it doing so. I will triple check the connectors. I had disconnected them for what I forget I think I was trying to move wires around. Maybe they aren't making a good connection even though they seem solid. I am not in the shop atm I'll check them again tomorrow.

I did open up my batteries after my first post and the water level is low. In fact I decided not to charge it until tomorrow when I could fill them. It is still covering the plates but I am wondering if when I hit the bumps the fluid sloshes a bit and causes a sudden voltage drop, is that possible?
Old 07-31-2022, 10:04 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemonty View Post
No the solenoid doesn't seem to release. I don't hear the click of it doing so. I will triple check the connectors. I had disconnected them for what I forget I think I was trying to move wires around. Maybe they aren't making a good connection even though they seem solid. I am not in the shop atm I'll check them again tomorrow.

I did open up my batteries after my first post and the water level is low. In fact I decided not to charge it until tomorrow when I could fill them. It is still covering the plates but I am wondering if when I hit the bumps the fluid sloshes a bit and causes a sudden voltage drop, is that possible?
Being low would not do that, although it does shorten battery life. Best thing for now is to charge them first, and then add the distilled water. Drive it for a mile or two and then charge it again until the charger shuts off by itself.

Does this happen in reverse also? I know it would be difficult to do, but it may be the forward contact in your F/R switch is defective. Or the center wire would affect both.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!
Old 07-31-2022, 11:21 PM   #5
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Yes it also did happen in reverse but I honestly can't say that I tested it at all the same way I tested forward. My neighbors are gonna think I'm insane when they see me driving in reverse over speed bumps back and forth on the road.

Maybe ill put the rear on blocks and run it to see if I can recreate the issue by shaking the wire harness.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What cart is this?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:18 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My neighbors are gonna think I'm insane when they see me driving in reverse over speed bumps back and forth on the road.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:49 PM   #8
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What cart is this?
It's an 02 ds. The controller is an alltrax xct48300. The motor is a d&d I forget which model. The mcor and solenoid are new. I also learned today that the FNR switch was replaced.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #9
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
If there is any interruption to pin 6 of the Alltrax or to the solenoid coil, it can drop out momentarily.
This was most likely the issue. I disconnected and reconnected it making sure I heard the click. It isnt doing it any more.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
This was most likely the issue. I disconnected and reconnected it making sure I heard the click. It isnt doing it any more.
Do you mean the problem has been corrected?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car