lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 295cc needs replaced or repaired looking for recommendations?

Good luck with the surgery. Heal up and we'll be here when you get better
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #12
ezgorg1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So back on the search Looking at many of the options available. The big block options by slonomo on here is very helpful.

Once again if you have not seen it there are some very good stock rebuild companies out there. but I think I will be converting mine.

I am starting again by looking on YouTube there was not as many videos as I though there would be.
If you are looking to modify your motor Red Beard's Garage has some wonderful videos showing the how to on you name it in the most popular motors.
If you are looking at stock everything using bolt on kits I found Lance Bailey's videos had the best angles and lighting.
That is as far as it I have gotten.
I am hoping this post will finally allow me to see the sponsor list so I can see what they have vs google.
ezgorg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:36 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Welcome back!

The best big block engine bang for your buck will be a Harbor Freight Predator 420. It's less than $400 and has 13 hp out of the box, has an air filter and muffler. You'll need a clutch that fits a 1" crank, I'd recommend the Comet 780, you can find that at one of our sponsors. There are engine mounts available from Vegas Carts, or you can make your own. This engine will work without a lift kit.

If you want bigger power, the Predator 670 is a powerhouse, but you'll need a lift kit with that one. Same engine plate and clutch.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:39 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another option is the Wildcat 460 from ECcarbs. Strong 10 bolt block and 69 mm crankshaft. Less than $400 for the manual start version.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #15
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Be careful with ebay exchange motors for $600. You will still have over a $1000 by the time it is over. You don't find out until they have your motor.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:25 AM   #16
ezgorg1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have found out that most of the rebuilds are 1000 ish with a worst case up to 1500. As I stated earlier Motors and More would be the way to go they were up front with cost and so helpful Slonomo. As mine is currently locked up I will most likely be putting in the Predator 420. To keep over all cost down.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:20 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Unless you have made your mind up to upgrade to a different style engine then why not remove the engine and tear it down to see what happened ?

I have had them locked tight with a broke rod or cap and believe it or not very little damage done. These engines are tough and the best ezgo has ever produced. Plus it adds value to the cart if you stay with the robbin engine in my opinion .

Unless this is a MCI engine then I doubt the camshaft or cylinder head is hurt. Pull it out and tear into it. You are not out anything but a little time. These engines are easy to rebuild.

MCI engines came out in 2004 so my guess you do have the pre mci. There are still parts available. You just have to know where to look.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #18
ezgorg1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I that will depend on the time that I have. A drop in direct replacement is ideal. That said I have never rebuilt an engine before. Not saying I wouldn't and most likely will still tear this one down and rebuild. What I am shooting for is a weekend and have it up and running.

In looking I have found a replacement for for the muffler to quiet the predator motors to almost the same if not a bit quieter than the stock.

Currently I am looking at what people have done to put the starter generator back on the predator. From what I have seen you really have to want the petal start to justify putting it on. It does solve the battery charging issue if you plan to put equipment on that drains batteries fast. It does drain overall power from the motor.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #19
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgorg1 View Post
...In looking I have found a replacement for for the muffler to quiet the predator motors to almost the same if not a bit quieter than the stock...
I'm interested in what you found that will get you to stock sound level or less. Nobody else has seemed to find the magic box that can accomplish that. I have a 670 and would love to quiet that beast down some. I'd even give up wheelies for a reasonable noise level.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295cc, engine swap, repair, replace
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO