lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
crix
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 workhorse 800 lift?

Im having a hard time finding a lift kit for my 2000 workhorse 800. After searching the interwebs i finally broke down and Im just gonna ask you guys. Is the workhorse 800 the same chassis as the TXT so it uses the same lift kit?

I want to add a 6" lift kit and 23" tires, just don't want to get it all torn apart to find out that its not compatible... TIA

model: workhorse
Serial # 1247954
mfr code: b2300
crix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2021, 01:32 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 workhorse 800 lift?

The front is the same as a pre 2001.5 txt, back I'm not sure on a 800. If no one chimes in post some pictures of the rear and I can tell you...or you could call All Sports (850) 477-5244 they have always been very helpful.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:46 AM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only 800 series machines I have seen are MPTs, post 2004 MCI machines. The rearends were the same as my 99 TXT though. Bump stops are likely different though, but they should have ISO mounts, the aluminum and rubber axle tube holders mounted on top of the springs. Swing arm should
Be the same.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:01 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I looked up the WH800 on Country Cat, the first diagram is the rear suspension for that model.

The second diagram is for a TXT found on another site. Looks similar.

My guess is the WH800 shares parts with the TXT in the same year. OP, look at lift kits for 2000 TXT Gas and see if the parts look like the parts on your cart.
Attached Images
File Type: png WH800 rear suspension.png (147.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png TXT rear suspension.png (173.7 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:32 AM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I looked up the WH800 on Country Cat, the first diagram is the rear suspension for that model.

The second diagram is for a TXT found on another site. Looks similar.

My guess is the WH800 shares parts with the TXT in the same year. OP, look at lift kits for 2000 TXT Gas and see if the parts look like the parts on your cart.
The parts on the lift kits won't look the same, most kits are using a bracket on the axle with U bolts now and doing away with the iso-mounts, according to your diagrams the pre 2001.5 txt kit will work for him.

Here is a dropped axle All Sport's lift.. they only go to 5" though, but will handle 23's.
https://www.allsportsliftkits.com/co...17390950482018

edit: also wonder if the 800 is the one you have to switch the backing plates from side to side? If the brake cables come out on the bottom he's good to go.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #6
crix
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
The parts on the lift kits won't look the same, most kits are using a bracket on the axle with U bolts now and doing away with the iso-mounts, according to your diagrams the pre 2001.5 txt kit will work for him.

Here is a dropped axle All Sport's lift.. they only go to 5" though, but will handle 23's.

edit: also wonder if the 800 is the one you have to switch the backing plates from side to side? If the brake cables come out on the bottom he's good to go.
I was gonna add photo but I haven't been a member long enough yet lol

The brake cables do come out on the bottom side of the axel. My carts does look identical to the diagram posted above! The txt kit will work!

My plan was 12"wheels and 23" tires, so I know I need a 5 or 6" lift. which lift do you guys recommend the spindle lift or the drop axel ? they seem to be about the same price. I like the one stovebolt linked since its made in america
Old 05-06-2021, 05:23 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Drop axle lift for sure, not a spindle lift. Spindle lifts are ok if you are only driving on pavement and smooth surfaces, and are not as strong for off road driving. I have also heard some complain that spindle lifts can have bad handling. I've used several drop axle lifts without issues or negative affects.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
crix
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Drop axle lift for sure, not a spindle lift. Spindle lifts are ok if you are only driving on pavement and smooth surfaces, and are not as strong for off road driving. I have also heard some complain that spindle lifts can have bad handling. I've used several drop axle lifts without issues or negative affects.
Perfect thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO