lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter

I put the RXV in the shed at the end of last winter, topped off the water in the batteries and charged it up then unhooked the charger and let it sit. Went to get it out about a month ago and it won't move.

Symptoms as follows:

- After charging and sitting overnight, pack voltage is 50.9V which is about .2 V less than last year's resting voltage.
- Turn key switch to rev and no buzzer. However, I hear a microsecond noise from the buzzer that is very faint. I have to let it sit a while with the key off to hear it again when I flip the key switch.
- Pulled brake and accelerator pedals up to see if they are causing issues but no change
- Swapped plug under access cover where run/tow switch is and brake will disengage and let me push it around. Plug it back correct and it locks up as expected.
- Charge receptacle is sloppy so jumped reed switch plug to pack voltage and no change.

One thing to note, the cart sat on a slight incline and I did not unhook the battery over the winter. However, the incline is slight and once I disengaged the brake, it rolled about 1" and came to rest so the brake was engaged the entire winter. Unfortunately, I did not check the pack voltage when I first went to it. I just plugged it into the charger knowing it needed charging.

Any idea on what to check next?

I recall that there was a checklist somewhere that would be useful to test things but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I bought this cart used last year for my 93 yo mom to tool around the property and she keeps telling me she misses it. So I am motivated
wsettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter

Put voltmeter across battery and leave it there...put key in...turn to "N"..wait couple secs...then turn to F or R....see what the voltage is when you press the pedal....this is to rule out low battery
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

It stayed around 50.8-50.9 when I tried what you suggested. However, I found the problem once I started checking voltages. There are two fuses under the wiring cover where the tow/run switch is. One of the fuses (7.5A) was corroded on one leg and causing high resistance. Scraped out what I could from the socket and replace the fuse and it's running again. Whoo Hoo!

Is there a wiring diagram for a 2014 RXV somewhere online? I checked the stickies for this forum and didn't see a match.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2021, 09:36 PM   #4
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It’s in the service manual. I’m pretty you can find it online with some dedicated googling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #5
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2021, 11:15 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, try it on flat ground, no incline. You have tried & checked so much stuff, I gotta give you credit, you have done your homework. Dang (sorry I referred to a water retention device in a stupid way) something-something hopefully not too offensive golf carts. Yep, keep it ready for sunday. Unfortunately, their wiring harnesses are known to have corrosion issues, and it often results in a whole "curtis controller conversion, with a new harness", and that can bring it's own new set of problems, like new controller doesnt like old motor temp sensor, then it's new motor too. Yep, it's getting pretty ridiculous to do it now days. I'm just as pissed as you are.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #7
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, try it on flat ground, no incline. You have tried & checked so much stuff, I gotta give you credit, you have done your homework. Dang (sorry I referred to a water retention device in a stupid way) something-something hopefully not too offensive golf carts. Yep, keep it ready for sunday. Unfortunately, their wiring harnesses are known to have corrosion issues, and it often results in a whole "curtis controller conversion, with a new harness", and that can bring it's own new set of problems, like new controller doesnt like old motor temp sensor, then it's new motor too. Yep, it's getting pretty ridiculous to do it now days. I'm just as pissed as you are.
cgtech, I assume this is a response to another thread.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #8
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for fuse holder cap

I can not find the part called out in the parts manual but wondering if anyone knows if the fuse holder cap is something I can get separately and where to get it?

Is there a part # for it?

PXL_20210506_232710187.jpg
Old 05-09-2021, 10:40 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for fuse holder cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsettle View Post
I can not find the part called out in the parts manual but wondering if anyone knows if the fuse holder cap is something I can get separately and where to get it?

Is there a part # for it?

Attachment 219706
PM me your address, I'll send you a "good used" fuse holder & cap. (And if you tell me the colors of the wires, I'll send you a wire colors matching one)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO