lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default club car vs. ez go...

ok, im referring to the 48v Club Cars.

if I were to have a stock 48v CC and a stock 36v EZGO converted to 48v with nothing but adding 2 batteries and changing out the wiring to handle the load....which would have more speed? torque?

Or....what about a 48v CC with an aftermarket controller and motor against a 48v converted EZGO with the same controller and motor as the CC(closest to each other as possible)..which would have more speed? torque?
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: club car vs. ez go...

Way too many variables for any one to give you any data on what you are asking.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok well not really haha. what i am trying to ask is will a CC that is 48v stock out perform an EZGO that has been converted to 48v. Because it appears that an EZGO (stock at 36v) will compete with a CC (stock at 48v).
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

there are speed limits on the course.
the carts are designed to meet those limits.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

meaning.......that its easier and cheaper to make a CC that is already 48v have more speed and torque than converting an EZGO to 48v and achieve close to the same speed and torque?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay.....lets back up a little bit? Obviously you are interested in a 48v cart?
What will the cart be used for? What are your expectations for the cart's performance? And what is the budget for this project?
If you answer these three questions as thoroughly as possible we can give some hard answers.
Right now, all we got here is the old Ford vs Chevy discussion
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

haha ok, well i have an ezgo right now. im planning on building an offroading/hunting buggy. Im just wondering if I could get a better offroad buggy out of a clubcar or not. the expectations are just that it will have torque so that it can climb and haul a load but also have some top speed so im not crawling around the ranch...thinking maybe a two speed motor. and the budget is well i dont want to spend money that I dont have to. I would be willing to buy a rundown cart and replace the motor, controller, switches, and batteries. A lift is going to be mandatory as well since it will be used offroad.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I see 2 things in CC that I like and both of them are related to the Aluminum frame....lightweight and rust free. Light weight is important. Rust Free well, who wants to put $ into an old rusty cart? That said ......I don't care much for the 48v CC....It is a gutless over wired computerized POS. IMHO. What I do like in an electric cart is an older 36v CC running on 48 volts. But that is just my opinion, and there are a lot of other more experienced members here who may have opinions on this which differ greatly..........Good luck.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

well what year models would you suggest? i mean im planning on replacing the controller, motor, F-R switch, batteries, and battery cables. so does the year really matter? or what years are the easiest to get aftermarket parts for?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHornet View Post
well what year models would you suggest? i mean im planning on replacing the controller, motor, F-R switch, batteries, and battery cables. so does the year really matter? or what years are the easiest to get aftermarket parts for?
If you are planning on changing all the above stuff I'd personally go with a later model E-Z-GO, but then again I'm a E-Z-GO homer. It would be easy to convert it to 48V since you are changing the above items anyway.

With my very limited knowledge of either brand, the E-Z-GO's look to be easier to work on because of the room under the seat. I haven't seen or changed anything on my '05 that was hard to do, but I also haven't done anything major like a motor swap. Seems to be plenty of accessories for both carts available, but E-Z-GO has used the same body style for years so there is plenty of bolt-on parts on the market
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts