lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #41
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Putting the Taylor Dunn on a lithium diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrnflight View Post
Its somewhere between a 1971 and 1981, still haven't figured that out for sure. I started to remove the "skins" and will replace with light weight aluminum siding like what is on the side of an 18 wheeler trailer. Thinking about installing a hydraulic ram to raise and lower the trailer hitch to make it faster to move trailers around.
If it’s that old, there should be a serial number stamped in the angle iron under the seat. Mine is reskinned in aluminum as well, made a decent difference in weight. The old style throttle on these things is dismal and they get pitted from arcing, add in some dust dirt and it can/will hang up on you. Can be dangerous. You can sand the j hook and copper pads flat, realign everything so the j hook slides down the pads easily and is making solid contact, then smear a little lube of your choice on it. I’ve found brake caliper grease to last the longest, a squirt of pb blaster is the easiest. I’ll clean it up with some electronic parts cleaner every once in awhile and start again. Probably not the “suggested” method, but works fine for me. Or be done with all that mess and upgrade it to a electronic controller. You may have noticed the almost complete lack of suspension on these things. If your area is relatively flat, you won’t really notice. I pretty much use my tires as suspension, air them down in the rough or it will beat you to death. In flat country on pavement, I can put those skinny little 20” trailer wheels and tires on it and get some serious distance out of the batteries.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2020, 10:53 PM   #42
chuckklr04
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Putting the Taylor Dunn on a lithium diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
Picked up another Taylor Dunn and you were right, my cart has been lifted significantly from stock. The new one is LOW. There’s a guy in Kyle TX selling 25 of them for $13 each. He claims ah is only at 30-38, but hey..$13.00. Be a bit of a drive for you, no shipping.
can you take some pics on how they lifted it ????

1978 td b248 here

I put some metal wedges on top the springs in the back, but need ideas on the front.

ordered 20x10- 10 back tires too.

just added 16 280amp hr lipo4's today at 48v's. 4500 amp hrs. it screams now. about 14mph. lol, lost 200lbs off the back too.
chuckklr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts