lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

Default Forward Reverse Switch

Just a couple of simple question please.
2006 Columbia Par Car P4 48 volt
The F/R switch is located on the dash, it is separate from the key switch. How do I remove the plastic knob? I tried prying, but didn’t want to break it. There is no set screw or pin that keeps it on.
I want to spray some contact spray in the switch, which is wearing, and iffy at times.
If I need to purchase a new switch, where do I get one?
Thanks, Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
larryparnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: Forward Reverse Switch

I have a 2007 ParCar and just removed mine.
Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful at removing it without breaking it.
It is essentially a key underneath the turn knob. But once inserted, I don't believe it is removable. I ended up twisting mine until it broke off.
Under that knob, is a nut that spins off, but the non-removable key needs to be removed in order for you to take the switch out.

Have you looked in or at any of the service manuals for it? you can find them online.

I didn't care about mine breaking as I am changing it to a rocker switch, like what a Club Car Precedent has, and relocating it to down by the driver's right leg. I had to replace my controller, so I went with an Alltrax XCT500-IQ. this controller is made for the Club Car IQ. I had to rewire everything, so I figured that while I was at it, I would change some things up.

Good luck on getting it figured out.
Like I had mentioned, you might find the answer in one of the service/repair manuals (if you haven't already).
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

For anyone interested, I solved the problem. First, make sure, absolutely sure, that the switch is in neutral. Second, I used a pair of vise grips, clamped tightly to the plastic handle. Lastly, pull hard, it’ll pull right off!

Old 11-24-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It can be pulled out without damage. The outer ring of the "knob" is what holds it into the switch. With it in neutral, squeeze the outer portion so it kind of deforms into an oval shape then pull out.

The switch itself is the same key as the main switch. I have the "non-removable" key knob which is cvg719432, list price of $12.92
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Tech Support, I’ve already resolved that problem. However, I still have an issue, on occasion, usually not too often. Sometimes while driving, the cart quits. I put the cart in neutral, turn the key off. Then I turn on the key, put the cart in forward, and all is then good. I checked all my wiring, I replaced the F/R switch, any suggestions? Thanks, Larry

Old 11-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Next time it stops, don't touch the keyswitch. (Assuming you're able to be NOT in traffic here). Get out and look at the controller and see what the green light on the controller is doing. If it isn't working but still on the light should blink x number of times. Count the flash, then go ahead and get back in the cart, reset and drive away. Then when you have time let me know the flash code and we can go from there.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #7
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

Drove the cart 2 hours today, and didn’t have a problem even once. I will however, look at the code, and let you know. Thank you, Larry.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:36 PM   #8
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Typical. My head never hurts once I walk into the doctors office wither but starts right away the day after the darn appointment. Just let me know when you need help.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:52 PM   #9
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

It happened today, three or four times in five minutes. I didn’t touch the key, nor the F/R switch. I lifted the seat, and not a single light was on... no code. I then proceeded to play 18 holes of golf, and drive another mile to get home afterwards, and never had another problem. Go figure [emoji848]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar