lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default What is the range and amphour of your cart?

I'm sure this information is in the forum, but it seems spread out in various conversations.

I'd like start a list of sorts.. Reply with the:
1) Battery Chemistry (LiFePO4 or Lithium Ion)
2) Amp hour rating of your battery
3) Maximum range of your cart and if its a DC or AC system.

I'm asking because I think I'm going to start shopping around for battery cells to build a lithium pack. Wondering how much capacity I'll need to meet my goals.

Its a lot easier to find cells for a small 50 or 60 AH pack than it is to find, and fit under the seat, something in the 100 to 200 AH range.

So far, the best I can figure is that 1 kWh of capacity is good for about 8 miles with an AC system and about 5 miles with a DC system.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: What is the range and amphour of your cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
So far, the best I can figure is that 1 kWh of capacity is good for about 8 miles with an AC system and about 5 miles with a DC system.
Not sure about DC, but your AC number is very, very close to what I see with a Navitas 5KW, Onward, stock gearing, 23" tires, 72v / 120ah Lifepo4.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Not sure about DC, but your AC number is very, very close to what I see with a Navitas 5KW, Onward, stock gearing, 23" tires, 72v / 120ah Lifepo4.
You're getting 70 miles on a charge? wow.. With the way I drive, I'd only have to charge my cart once or twice a summer.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #4
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
You're getting 70 miles on a charge? wow.. With the way I drive, I'd only have to charge my cart once or twice a summer.
80 or so if you limit the controller to stock (19.x) speeds.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

48V 60aH allied lithium drop-ins. 2008 DS, stock drive system with a speed magnet. I haven’t run them to “dead” (which allied told me is 51.2v) but after around 30 miles I’m sitting about 52.0v and charge them back up. I’m usually good for about a week or two weeks on a charge depending on how nice the weather is.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car