lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
shadtree
Not Yet Wild

Question G19 Doesn't M0ve

One day we had it on the charger and without thinking which is a normal thing for me I jumped on the golf cart and moved it three feet or so. The next day I went to drive it and it hasn't moved an inch since that day. Sometimes it feels like the golf cart wants to move but it only feels like a little tug.
shadtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G19 Doesn't M0ve

just wanted to say welcome to the forum shadtree i dont know much about electric carts but the electric guys on here will will help you out
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
shadtree
Not Yet Wild

Groundpounder thanks for the welcome. I really hope someone can help us out before my wife and kids make me sleep in the garage with it!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

soon as the electric guys see your post they will help you get it back going.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadtree View Post
One day we had it on the charger and without thinking which is a normal thing for me I jumped on the golf cart and moved it three feet or so. The next day I went to drive it and it hasn't moved an inch since that day. Sometimes it feels like the golf cart wants to move but it only feels like a little tug.
This could be many things,Lets try simple first. Was your charger on "green/fully charged" ?. Are all your battery cables free of corrossion and tight ? (pull on them and see if they brake loose). Take a volt meter and find out what the voltage is of all the batteries hooked togeather (should be 48 to 52 volts) If not reply to post with reading. If good voltage, Turn your key switch off and Put your "Run/Tow" switch into "Tow" for 5 minutes. This "drains" voltage from the computer (and about 75 percent of the time) when you put back into the "Run" position you will hear a solenoid "click" and the car will now run. Try these things fist and post what voltages and what did or not happen and will try to diagnoss further. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
shadtree
Not Yet Wild

I don't know what the charger was on when i moved the cart.I have 48.7 volts,and i tried the run/tow switch trick and i don't notice a click from the selenoid .THANKS
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
shadtree
Not Yet Wild

still not fixed,I put a new selenoid on but it still doesn't work.I jumped the selenoid and it worked.The tow/run switch has 48.2v on one side and only 8on the other. do i have a bad t/r switch? thanks for your help
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
still not fixed,I put a new selenoid on but it still doesn't work.I jumped the selenoid and it worked.The tow/run switch has 48.2v on one side and only 8on the other. do i have a bad t/r switch? thanks for your help
Sounds like you found the problem. You should have 48 volts on both red/yellow and red wires when in the switch is in the "run" position. Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
shadtree
Not Yet Wild

Dave,can i jump the switch just to see if it works.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Dave,can i jump the switch just to see if it works.
Yes...That's even what the service manual calls for...Good luck Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha