lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Thanks James and Ron! :) I'll remember that. Some guy told me that it was a b1tch pulling a tank just to replace a filter, so if I have to (again cough cough cough cough ) I'll remember that tip.

Just to be sure, AFTER the tank and BEFORE the pump, correct?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The fuel filter should go in the line somewhere between the tank and the pump.

You don't have to pull the tank to do this. Just get a large pair of channel locks and unscrew the filter on the bottom of the tank. I've done several and never pull a tank. You may need to jack the cart up a little to get under it but that is it.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #13
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Thanks James. These people are pretty much cart retarded, so I'm not surprised they made it harder than it had to be.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

It's a little difficult to get to with the channel locks, but I do it all the time.

Just remember to make sure that rubber seal is in there before you reinstall it: IMPORTANT. It will leak gas if not. I suggest putting in just a little gas once you reinstall to see if it leaks.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Thanks for all your help!!! I have all kinds of pliers, Channel Locks, Vise-Grips, pipe wrenches, and muffler bearing separaters, so I'm sure I'll have something to get it off with.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

LOL!!! But remember............CHECK THAT SEAL!!! Be sure to get all the old filter out and the glue.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #17
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

What is the RPM limiter set at on Yamaha carts? I don't need an exact number, just a ballpark estimate, although if you could hit it within the bases that would be great.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I really have no idea. My G16 and G9 either don't have them or they are non operational. My old G2 that I had would cut out around 25mph (I'm guessing 3500 rpm's or so and that is a big guess).
Old 05-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Well, all went well with all the carts but the Yamahas today.

I almost got into it with a VERY large man about a throttle cable. He told me to order it, I ordered it, he ordered one from B^U, had some imbecile put it on, and insisted that he said not to order it. So, I explained to him how it went and I got my cost for the cable. He was a prick and his wife was a b---- and a half. I came a hair in telling them not to even bother calling me for the tune-up, they could get their "buddy" to do it too.

ANYWAY, on the G8. The guy screwed with the carburetor and it is running extremely jerky and VERY lean. I adjusted it and cleaned the jets and it's still screwed up. He has the governor turned way up and it is SCREAMING. I told him to turn it back down for next week so I could get the carburetor worked on correctly. Any tips?

There is also a 1987 G2 that is failing to get any gas to the carburetor. I told them a new fuel pump was in order, and they said "Well a guy I know has a used one for sale, I'll just get it.." So I said "Fine, you can get the used one, risk it not working, wait on me to order a NEW one, which you could have me do now, and have me do the same job twice." They just continued on about their buddy, so I'll burn their @$$ on the installation fee.

The EZGO went well, perfect one might say.

And the manager's cart got put off because it started running again...I'll just add "temporarily" in there for him.

These people are idiots, and my charisma is lacking to say the least. We'll see how it goes, my name may or may not be back on the bulletin service section next year.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #20
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Got another problem.

This cart is a G9, but I'm not sure of the year. The guy just got it running but it has NO power. Compression is 160 on it, but it just isn't revving up. It can't even pull a slight hill. I messed with the governor on the transmission but it won't help. I backed the nut off and it was even more sorry than it was before. I tighted it all the way up and it barely did anything. I know there are a lot of G9s on here, so could someone please help me with this?

Oh, and I adjusted the cable towards the carburetor on the bracket near the transmission. Sorry for that poor explanation but I don't know what any of this Yamaha stuff is called.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha