lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
HDPwolf
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Opinions on Power kit

Ok thinking about getting power kit for my G2 , want opionions from the guys that have it on there cart what they think of it? would you do only the spring? or both spring and machined sheave? how much difference in pulling did you notice when you installed kit? give me some feed back on this guys.Also who's kit would you recomend or did you go with?
HDPwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Opinions on Power kit

I don't own a Yamaha, but I have worked on enough to know that the spring does make a big difference on the lifted carts. It gives you torque X 100 on a lower cart, but robs top speed.

I would get a spring from Cart Parts Plus. Until you go with larger tires, you probably won't need anything else.

Just a word of caution, you won't notice any gain on take-off since the belt always starts at the same place. After you get moving, the spring really helps. If you can't get moving somewhere now, you won't with this spring. Clutch machining from Cart Parts Plus and the spring would help with that.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

When I had my stock engine the power spring made a big difference in low
end pulling power. I was able to climb hills that I couldn't climb before. I'm
not sure about the machined sheave. I know most guys just do the white
spring.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
fastjim11
Gone Wild

I have the spring and the sheave! I recommend both. My best top speed recorded with my gps was 32 mph. With the machined sheave the belt will run further down on the rear sheave thus also improving the top end whilst giving gobs of low end power. Spriddle, mphillips, trail rider, clayboy,have all seen what that combo can do. SMOKIN!!!! SOMEBODY STOP ME!!

JIm
fastjim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

stop...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
HDPwolf
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the imfo guys
HDPwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha