lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2021, 04:52 AM   #31
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: I finally went with lithium... thanks to plowmans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I recently bought a broken 95 DS with hurt controller and now it needs batteries very soon and in same boat as OP. I am a mechanical engineer for a living so the packaging aspect is no brainer but not sure I want to hassle of learning the electron side.😛. I may call plowman and discuss what a drop in kit would cost.
Prices are on his website, great guy to do business with I like the simplicity of just removing old batteries, installing the new l, bypassing the OBC and being done. Didn’t want to have to mess with balancing cells, building a pack, compression rack, etc. I do automotive electrical for a living so the electrical part isn’t such a big deal for me as much as the time and effort expended…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #32
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Amazing how much power is in 2 little batteries that weigh almost nothing!
Did a controlled series of 4.7 mile runs, average speed 22MPH without recharging between runs.

Logged SOC and Voltage readings after each run (after a 20-minute rest).

After 4 runs (18.8 miles) I had 23% SOC 52.6 volts, I did another 3 miles and decided to call it. Bottom line almost 23 miles with 7% SOC remaining 50.2 volts.

Intermediate SOC readings were all over the place - 4.7 miles consumed from 4% to 36% charge.

I'm thinking 25 miles is realistic range. This is fine given our normal usage pattern - 4-5 mile runs, then back on the charger.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:25 AM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Cool, thanks for the update!
Old 07-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #34
richj11
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just pulled the trigger on the Allied lithium batteries from Plowmans. Could one of you guys give any feedback on the Plowman charger? A photo maybe? Waiting sucks :)
richj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:04 AM   #35
byrdman7681
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobra1 View Post
I built mine from Chevy Bolt batteries and I am very pleased with the lithium upgrade as well. I was going to go the same route you took but came across the Volt batteries at a very good price.

I believe the drop in Allied batteries are going to prove to be very popular. I am sure a lot of people will appreciate your documented experience.
Do you have a thread on your build? I'd love to see how you used the Chevy Bolt batteries?
byrdman7681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:54 AM   #36
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does anyone have a Voltage versus State of Charge graph or data for the Allied 48 volt batteries?

After a 23 mile run and a 20 minute rest (details in a few post prior to this), the SOC Gauge indicated 7% SOC and 50.2 volts.

I have an ECO Battery drop in I'm about to install and their data sheet says 20% @ 48 volts. 50.2 volts would be about 50%.

I'm just wondering how low I can run these things and what my actual range might be.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #37
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Getting information from them is less than easy… you have to ask very specific questions or you will get “specifically vague” answers

I’d have to find the email with the specs but from what I gathered from them,
High voltage cutoff is 58.4v
Low voltage cutoff is 44v

Those are when the BMS goes into protection mode to save the batteries from death and cuts them out completely.

Full charge is around 54v (+/- he was not specific) once disconnected from the charger and let rest for a half day.

Empty charge is 50.4v after resting 30 minutes.

The allied meter is pretty accurate, but not “at a glance”. You have to let the cart sit for a half hour before it’s readings are accurate.

My cart being stock except for a speed magnet, I can get about 30 miles on a charge. I haven’t tried to push it any further than that, voltage starts to fall off pretty quickly around that point. But I do run it pretty hard. If you ran easier (slower, accelerated slower, etc) it would probably go more than that.

I’ve been considering a 3rd battery, but waiting to see how it does this winter pulling kids on sleds. If I can get 10 miles of range out it with the 2 (essentially 1/3 range in cold) I’ll be happy and leave it alone.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #38
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The plowmans charger… charges the batteries lol. Not sure what else to expect, works perfectly fine
Old 07-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #39
richj11
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
The plowmans charger… charges the batteries lol. Not sure what else to expect, works perfectly fine
I actually received mine last week. Haven’t had time to swap the batteries out yet. Next week 😁
richj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car