lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
The problem is I can't replicate the problem. Sometimes it runs for days with no problems and sometimes it will act up 3 times in 10 minutes.
If you had access to a handheld programmer/scanner you could see if the MCOR was dropping out. Not sure if there's anyone close by who might be able to scan it for you. But honestly, a DS IQ of that year model, I'd put the dropout harness on it just for peace of mind. It's missing a diode in the wire harness that the newer cars have. The harness includes this diode.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
Thanks. Do you sell the harness?
I'm not a site sponsor, I don't sell anything. However, any Club Car dealer can help you. You may also be able to find a site sponsor who can help you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #13
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm not a site sponsor, I don't sell anything. However, any Club Car dealer can help you. You may also be able to find a site sponsor who can help you.
Ok, I really appreciate the help.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #14
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, the cart has been parked for a few days but it was running fine when I parked it. I ordered the dropout harness and it came in today. I went out there and put the new harness in and the cart would not move at all. I tried it several times. So, I took the new dropout harness back out and it still will not move. I hear the pedal switch click, then the solenoid clicks, and if I push the pedal on down I hear a slight hum from the motor for just a second and then the solenoid drops out. If I just press the pedal far enough for the pedal switch to click I hear the solenoid click and then after a few seconds the solenoid drops out. Any ideas on where to start?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

That's the same issue I'm having with my 08. I think the MCOR is on it's way out. When mine does it, after a few minutes of the issue, it is back to normal
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
That's the same issue I'm having with my 08. I think the MCOR is on it's way out. When mine does it, after a few minutes of the issue, it is back to normal
Mine was originally like that but now it won't budge at all no matter how many times I press the go pedal. Very strange because mine had not acted up in a couple of days when I parked it and now it's dead.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Unplug the two-pin plug out of the MCOR and jump the pins with a paperclip and see if the cart runs
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #19
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Unplug the two-pin plug out of the MCOR and jump the pins with a paperclip and see if the cart runs
I did that and it has the same symptoms. What am I doing by jumping those two wires? I was under the impression that I was bypassing the pedal switch by doing that but even with those wires jumped the solenoid only activates when the pedal switch clicks.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe the solenoid is activating but the contacts are not closing.

Put your meter set to 200vDC across the big posts of the solenoid (positive on battery side and negative on controller side), You should see a small voltage reading.

Press the pedal until the solenoid clicks, if the voltage goes UP, the solenoid contacts are not closing (the voltage should go down to 0v).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car