lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #11
Pavelkafish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Just installed rattlesnake 2

Wow over 40 at 72 volts ?! I have whole extra set of batteries, I'd add one to give me 56 but where do you put the extra and how do you charge it? You gotta get a YouTube video up and show us, I plan on doing a speed demo with mine. On a side not check out this vid I made the other day with my new camera.
Pavelkafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just curious. Do any of you guys who have the Rattlesnake know what motor model it is based off of? I know PQ gets these in and modifies them but I cant find what they start with before modifying it. I do know that they told me its physically a much larger motor so I don't think it starts out as a golf cart motor — maybe a forklift motor or??? I would love more info.

Also, since this is such a large motor and specs are off the charts, have you guys ever seen any other manufacturers make something that competes with the Rattlesnake II? It seems to be in a category of its own.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I know it was a good 1 1/2 inch or so longer , I pulled the rear end when I did mine and swapped motor and reinstalled them together. I remember looking at it and thinking how much of a pain it would trying to get it around the leaf spring and to top it off it was a good 10 lbs heavier .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8129-1.JPG (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #14
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
I have always been curious what my amp draw is in certain situations but I admit have not done very much research. How do you do yours? Are you using one of those hand held meter clamps? or do you have a more elaborate setup? I could not find any "reasonably priced" hand held meters that measured a potential 700A, so just lost interest and gave up. I'm curious of your method. Thanks.
I use the Alltrax logging software and a device called cycle analyst. The cycle analyst gives you a speedometer, odometer, volt meter, amp meter, kilowatt meter, kilowatt per mile meter, max voltage, min voltage, charge cycle counter and a bunch more.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:46 PM   #15
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavelkafish View Post
Wow over 40 at 72 volts ?! I have whole extra set of batteries, I'd add one to give me 56 but where do you put the extra and how do you charge it? You gotta get a YouTube video up and show us, I plan on doing a speed demo with mine. On a side not check out this vid I made the other day with my new camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYLMu95MMA
Ill try to do a video soon with the gps on camera.

I am running six 12 volt batteries. I still had to build a new tray to get them to fit. I loose a bit of torque off the line since they can't provide the amperage six or eight volts batteries would.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #16
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Hi

How/where did you get the rattlesnake? I didn't see it on the website. Thanks
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #17
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes001 View Post
Hi

How/where did you get the rattlesnake? I didn't see it on the website. Thanks
You will have to call them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car