lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Only getting 75% throttle on Alltrax DCX400

I recently installed a DCX400 controller and was finaly able to take it out for a test run the other day. Seemed kinda slow so purchased a programming cable to see what everything was set at. Took it for another test run while hooked up to laptop to monitor the output and noticed throttle position is only getting up to 75%. Changed a few settings and still no change.

Then I noticed this and not sure if it is normal or not:

When I push the pedal it actually doesn't hit the connection rod pin to the MCOR until its almost half way down, so I have to assume its not pushing the rod enough to give me 100% throttle??????? Pretty much losing the first 25-40% of throttle and pedal hitting the floor before giving the last 25-40% of top end throttle

Is there a way to adjust this or is there supposed to be some sort of rubber/plastic bushing between the pedal and little rod?

Or is there some sort of other adjustment to be made on the controller programming?

Thanks
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Only getting 75% throttle on Alltrax DCX400

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
I recently installed a DCX400 controller and was finaly able to take it out for a test run the other day. Seemed kinda slow so purchased a programming cable to see what everything was set at. Took it for another test run while hooked up to laptop to monitor the output and noticed throttle position is only getting up to 75%. Changed a few settings and still no change.

Then I noticed this and not sure if it is normal or not:

When I push the pedal it actually doesn't hit the connection rod pin to the MCOR until its almost half way down, so I have to assume its not pushing the rod enough to give me 100% throttle??????? Pretty much losing the first 25-40% of throttle and pedal hitting the floor before giving the last 25-40% of top end throttle

Is there a way to adjust this or is there supposed to be some sort of rubber/plastic bushing between the pedal and little rod?

Or is there some sort of other adjustment to be made on the controller programming?

Thanks
That is an achilles heal of these newer DS carts. The fix for that is to slide a piece of fuel line over the back fork to take up the slack

IMG_0729.jpg
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
That is an achilles heal of these newer DS carts. The fix for that is to slide a piece of fuel line over the back fork to take up the slack

Attachment 116376
So this should most likely fix my top end issue?

Funny, as you were replying I was looking at the exact same picture that you had posted in another thread.

Fuel line tubing? So pretty much any kind of hard rubber tubing would work?

Thanks again
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
So this should most likely fix my top end issue?

Funny, as you were replying I was looking at the exact same picture that you had posted in another thread.

Fuel line tubing? So pretty much any kind of hard rubber tubing would work?

Thanks again
Yep, it will fix your issue

As for the tubing, the red stuff that is on there in that picture was a really thin tubing and it wore out. I went to Lowe's and got some thicker clear tubing and slid it over the fork. So far so good
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great! Can't believe I've had the cart for almost a year and just noticing this now.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Problem solved, now getting 100% throttle. Sure glad it wasn't an MCOR issue.

Funny thing is that I'm almost positive that I was only getting 75% throttle since owning the cart. I must say that I was really hard on the stock controller (23" tires, rear seat, pulling a utility trailer full of kids etc) and it lasted all season before finally frying it at the end of the year. Maybe the only reason it lasted that long was because I was only giving 75% throttle so in a sense taking it easy on it.

Oh well, new controller, new HD solenoid, new 4ga cables = $$$$$$ = new found torque and speed!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just a luck on finding a metal tube that would fit? Seems like any soft compound would squish and loose some effectiveness
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Just a luck on finding a metal tube that would fit? Seems like any soft compound would squish and loose some effectiveness
Agreed! Pretty much a quick fix for now and see how long it will last. I just had some semi-hard clear tubing lying around that fit perfect over the rod. I'll keep my eye open for something that could more permanent.

I have several feet of this tubing and only use 5/8" of it for the fix so at worst I replace it once in a while, only takes a minute to slide over anyway. I'm not one to "rig" stuff so I will definitely be on the back of my mind, lol
Old 03-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #9
rib33024

Try a piece of

3/8" or 1/4" Gray PVC Schedule 80 Pipe
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
swatguy654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will check that also, thanks
swatguy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car