lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Can anybody tell me about this old Yamaha?

I saw this but since I don't know about carts let alone a old 2 stroke Yammer....
Can you guys tell me about this. It looks real narrow and small and it has no front bodywork....
Yamaha 1.jpg
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Can anybody tell me about this old Yamaha?

It's a G1, Here's some info. There nice carts

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-good-bad.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-newbies.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 AM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And it looks like someone has already grafted an ATV double A-arm onto the front so that's a plus.

Wonder if it has an engine and if it does, what kind?

If it's cheap, grab it. It's got potential.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I wondered if it was a stock front end. Here is a better pic of it...
Thats what made me look at it.

Yamaha 2.jpg

Here is the engine... I think it is stock so what size is it? See the "4 over" on the shroud? He said it was 80cc but I think its bigger.

Yamaha 3.jpg

So about a front cowl will other G's fit? It's not cheap but he keeps calling me so......

Thanks guys for help.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #5
Field6565
Gone Wild

It's not the stock front suspension. If the suspension was done correctly it will work much better than stock. The stock G1 exhaust is no longer on it. Looks to be some kind of other two stroke exhaust on it now. It's interesting how they are still using the flow through the muffler to run the oil injector. As far as the front cowl....I would find one off of a g2 or newer yamaha and convert it over. If the price is right then I'd pick it up. It looks like a nice project.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks again guys for any help...
If I do buy it I want to Big Block it and from the info I see I will have to do something about the rear end to have reverse... Also I will have to find a front cowl...
He was asking $500. but since we bought the neighbors G2 for $575. running I will not pay anything close to that to get it. I know I will find what I want if I just wait.... He keeps calling so he must need the $$...
Old 08-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #7
Field6565
Gone Wild

Just noticed how they cut the center bar out where the shocks are bolted on. This might be a gamble if it is all hacked up.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #8
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With the front the way it's attached it would be a lot of fab work to lift it now but still looks like a decent project cart with the ATV front end already grafted on. That is if they did the work correctly and didn't half-azz it.

The engine and rear does appear stock so if you 4 stroke it you'll need to change the rear end to retain reverse. A G2 will bolt in easily just by installing the G1 axles and housings on it.

Should be worth a couple hundred but I wouldn't give much for it not knowing how the work was done.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ya he emailed me and still wants $350.00 for it... I can buy an EZGO gas for less than $200. so if he sticks to that price and if the work looks good its still way to high. It does have disc brakes on front... He said the steering is not hooked up yet but he does have a front bodywork he said?? Why not put that in the ad or at least lay it on and take a pic with it? ... I'll see it tomorrow...
Old 08-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Id be skeptical of any $200 gas cart. Last one i got for that price had no drain plug in it (but a nice body, and no deception about the motor issues). Gas carts always get alot more $ than that around here. $600 for a "ok looking/ok driving" one is low end price range. I finished "wearing-out" that engine about a year later, still got it, waiting for Kawi 550 conversion.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha