lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #21
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the help. I'm just glad to be riding again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #22
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So now after replacing the f n r switch. It struggles on inclines and even when I'm loading on trailer. It vibrates and will notify move. Batteries are good. And I have new battery cables. Any suggestions?

Old 11-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 ez go TXT forward problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersouth View Post
So now after replacing the f n r switch. It struggles on inclines and even when I'm loading on trailer. It vibrates and will notify move. Batteries are good. And I have new battery cables. Any suggestions?

Ok, Lets just troubleshoot this a second:

#1--When you say you "replaced" the F&R switch, did you replace the whole switch? As in "both" sides of the switch. You know...the side that is fixed or bolted to the cart....plus the side that rotates..you know the one that is hooked up to the linkage? "The whole switch"?

#2--Did you follow the instructions when you installed the switch? Did you torque the large center nut to the right ft\lb setting? If this nut is not tightened to the correct torque, those copper gizmo's that are suppose to make good contact will, in fact NOT make good contact and power will NOT transfer adequately and poor performance will result, along with heat buildup and the smell of fresh wire melting.

#3--I'm sure you did this, but just asking....Did you tighten the High Voltage (big fat wires) to the correct ft\lb? These have to be nice 'n snug in order for the correct transfer of current to occur.

I know I'm asking "the obvious" but as I've done myself....sometimes the issue is right there hiding in plain sight.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #24
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I replaced the whole switch complete assembly. Everything was tighten and double checked I have been down that road before with another golf cart and a battery terminal not tight. If you look back at the pictures I put the old one back on after repairing it temporarily with the old one that was doing the same thing. On flat ground it does great. Just struggles on inclines like at the bottom of my driveway it has that little hump from the road and if I stop with the back tires on that hump it will not move just vibrate.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO