lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default help! looking for a new cart, might buy a Club Car

So it looks like once I get my roof back from being sprayed im gonna sell the EZ-LO. im ready to move on and build something different. every body I look at buying says it might fit an ezgo but will fit a club car. with that being said I might jump the fence and buy a club car because I really want a 40s Chevrolet car body.i know of course the frames are aluminum, front suspension has upper arms and a leaf below, and the batteries are configured different than the ezgos. what things should I be looking for in a club car? any frame cracking locations I need to check? what year ranges are best? I pretty much need a running frame and will be ditching the rest. if i can find one with good batteries id just do a controller and motor upgrade and live with it. if it was an ezgo id buy a non running one and replace everything but im not familiar enough with club cars to go that route. any help please?
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: help! looking for a new cart, might buy a Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
So it looks like once I get my roof back from being sprayed im gonna sell the EZ-LO. im ready to move on and build something different. every body I look at buying says it might fit an ezgo but will fit a club car. with that being said I might jump the fence and buy a club car because I really want a 40s Chevrolet car body.i know of course the frames are aluminum, front suspension has upper arms and a leaf below, and the batteries are configured different than the ezgos. what things should I be looking for in a club car? any frame cracking locations I need to check? what year ranges are best? I pretty much need a running frame and will be ditching the rest. if i can find one with good batteries id just do a controller and motor upgrade and live with it. if it was an ezgo id buy a non running one and replace everything but im not familiar enough with club cars to go that route. any help please?
I've got a 2008 Precedent I bought to fix up but I'm too swamped with other stuff to build it at the moment. Let me know if you're interested. Lancaster isn't too far from Augusta. 2 hours and 15 minutes. I would be willing to meet halfway.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

does the precedent have similar suspension as the DS? my cousin has one and ive worked on one of those. eventually I want to airbag this one and lay the fiberglass body on the ground. I just don't want to get a cart that's too smart for me lol

heres the body I want to get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262064154175...ht_3435wt_1362
Old 10-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

That body looks sharp. Yes the suspension is very similar to the DS. A-Arms and a mono-leaf front spring that runs side to side. Single leaf rear springs on a solid axle.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #5
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So the precedent is an iq cart, how hard are they to work on? Like upgrading the controller and such? I'll need room for an extra battery, air compressor, and air tank. Is there much room in the precedent? I'm wanting mid 20ish mph with an old car body and airbags. The biggest hurdle is I can't weld aluminum.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
does the precedent have similar suspension as the DS? my cousin has one and ive worked on one of those. eventually I want to airbag this one and lay the fiberglass body on the ground. I just don't want to get a cart that's too smart for me lol

heres the body I want to get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262064154175...ht_3435wt_1362
I would add some type of a (travel limit switch) so that the cart would not run unless the cart was at a safe height to drive, in series with the go pedal circuit, in case that has not already been planned on that is,...
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
So the precedent is an iq cart, how hard are they to work on? Like upgrading the controller and such? I'll need room for an extra battery, air compressor, and air tank. Is there much room in the precedent? I'm wanting mid 20ish mph with an old car body and airbags. The biggest hurdle is I can't weld aluminum.
They're the easiest cart I've ever worked on. I absolutely love them. As for the extra battery, you could always build a battery box in the bagwell. I don't think you're gonna fit one under the seat.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #8
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
..snip... what things should I be looking for in a club car? any frame cracking locations I need to check?
Still learning myself, but I did save this DS frame crack picture off to my local drive as I was reading past threads in this forum. My way of playing it forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rearFrame cracks.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Still learning myself, but I did save this DS frame crack picture off to my local drive as I was reading past threads in this forum. My way of playing it forward.
Hey wonder who's that is
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:52 AM   #10
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Hey wonder who's that is

Sitting here having my morning coffee and it came to me that I wonder if those cracks happen due to aftermarket installed HD leafs in back. Does make a certain amount of logic on how that might affect things.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car