lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Which Smart Charger?

Hi all. Been reading here for a while and need a little advice on a new smart charger for my 2010 DS. I am going to AGM batteries as the cart will live in and often been charged inside the finished garage of my toyhauler RV so I'd prefer no outgassing while charging. I also like the low maintenance aspect. Anyways, I've found the batteries I want and now need a smart charger with a AGM algorithm. I've narrowed it down to the DPI Accusense and the Delta Q QuiQ. The Delta Q is supposed to be a bit better setup as it has more AGM algorithms to choose from as opposed to the one size fits all AGM algorithm of the DPI. With that benefit comes increased cost. $268 for the DPI and $396 for the Delta Q plus $20 for the CC plug as it only comes with a generic Anderson SB50. From what I read, Delta Q seems to be a better charger and they also make the ERIC charger for the new CC's. But is it $150 better? Any insight you all can provide would be appreciated.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2015, 07:34 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Smart Charger?

Generally, the Delta Q chargers do not enjoy a good reputation for durability. Customers who buy the DPI say they are replacing 2-3 yr old Delta Q chargers.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Interesting Scotty. I'm new to this and glad to learn there is another side. Perhaps that's why there are so many reconditioned Delta Q chargers out there? Do you think the single AGM ALG in the DPI will be fine?
Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suspect it is based upon DPI's track record. Put this question to both the battery distributor and DPI by phone and let us know what you find out
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #5
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you sir for the thoughts. If I can save money and get a better charger in the process, it would appear to be a win/win situation...

I will call DPI on Monday to confirm decent compatibility and post then...
Old 10-31-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think Delta has a few different chargers. The QE has a bad reputation. I have not heard anything bad about the QuiQ. The DPI is a good charger but like was said I don't know about the gel battery charging.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #7
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks... I think I'll likely be good either way. Doing AGM though. Not gel.... Leaning toward the DPI if the ALG matches my AGMs...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car