lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo tire size

I don't want to put a lift kit on my TXT cart, but want some nicer looking tires than stock.

What is the largest low profile tires you can put on the ezgo without doing a lift kit.

I guess larger tires means less torque?

Also if anyone else has low profile tires without a lift kit that has pictures they want to share, that would be great to see them.

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo tire size

20" and you loose torque with diameter....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I put a set of 205-65-10's on my 2007 (without lift). These are listed as 20.5 inches dia., but I have not actually measured them. I purchased them locally so I had a chance to see them before buying. So far I have had no issues with rubbing. My operation is mostly on level paved roads and (by seat of the pants) torque seems about the same and speed seems maybe a touch higher ( theoretically torque goes down and speed goes up with the increased dia.). I'm happy with the outcome so far. You can see them in my Avatar. RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 03-11-2016 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: clarified
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
rottie
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have 205-65/10 (20.5" dia) tires and they are nice.
Mine are DOT legal too.
I need a couple of inches lift from the stock springs but installed the HD springs that gave me the 2" I needed for clearance on my 94 Marathon.
Yes, it is a stiffer ride with the lithium batteries (less weight over lead acid), but the wife and I like that. I also eliminated the driver side sag when changing the leaf springs out.
If I turn the wheels to the max left then the left tire hits the frame. Max turn to the right has no issues. Yes you do lose a little torque (proved with the stock 2hp motor) but that is no longer an issue with the AMD beast (~10-11hp) motor.
rottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
2SlickNick
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart is in need of new shoes too. I was going to go with the traditional 18x8.5-8 for the rears and 18x6.5-8 for the front.
2SlickNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm running 20" Scorpion knobbies around the ranch on the rear of one non lifted TXT
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO