lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
burly2003
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent S.N.# PD 1235

Just picked up a used cart. I was thinking because it was a 2012 it would have had the IQ drive system not the Excel but from what I can tell it does have the Excel. How do I determine what speed setting it is set to? What is my best option to get to 18-19mph? Magnet isn't an option correct? Thanks in advance.
burly2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent S.N.# PD 1235

Magnet is not an option. Some quick and easy options are the Plum Quick Bandit Excel motor or an Alltrax XCT controller. The XCT can be programmed by the user with a laptop computer and free software. The max RPM can be set to reach speeds higher than the OEM controller will allow. The XCT 300 can be installed in your vehicle without having to modify anything. The 400 would require a solenoid and a cable upgrade. The 500 would require everything the 400 requires plus a motor change.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
burly2003
Not Yet Wild

Dave

In your opinion am I better to do the motor then or the XCT 300 controller? Or do I need to do both? I really only want to get to around. that 19mh speed. It has factory club car 10" tires on it now but will likely replace with 12's with a low profile tire. I will be using the car for golf but have a long run from my house to the clubhouse. I haven't committed to changing tires as I need to investigate how my ride quality may be effected?.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly2003 View Post
Dave

In your opinion am I better to do the motor then or the XCT 300 controller? Or do I need to do both? I really only want to get to around. that 19mh speed. It has factory club car 10" tires on it now but will likely replace with 12's with a low profile tire. I will be using the car for golf but have a long run from my house to the clubhouse. I haven't committed to changing tires as I need to investigate how my ride quality may be effected?.
It's totally up to you. Both of them will get you performance gains. The controller should get you low to mid 20s for speed with a factory motor. The Bandit motor will get you a little more than that, but the controller is going to give you a little bit more torque. If you ordered a controller, you wouldn't have any down-time. The Bandit motor package requires you to send off your motor and have it re-worked by Plum Quick. They're usually pretty quick but you'd have to call and find out what the current lead time would be.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
burly2003
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave. I am going to go on your site then and order the XCT 300 controller but I do not need the solenoid then? I believe you do ship to Canada? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly2003 View Post
Thanks Dave. I am going to go on your site then and order the XCT 300 controller but I do not need the solenoid then? I believe you do ship to Canada? Thanks for your help.
I can ship to Canada, but it's going to be expensive. Call me and I'll give you an accurate shipping cost.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car