lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 01 CC DS 36v - F&R & Solenoid Install - Sparks!

The description of your problem "...it took about 5+ tries when pressing the pedal..." would indicate a possible issue with that switch (and the test confirms it), so it would be a good idea to replace it.

Make sure You use the COM and NC tabs on the new switch since that circuit needs a Normally Closed switch.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did changing the microswitch in the vglide fix this problem?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #13
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

I haven't done it yet. I am going to pick up a microswitch tomorrow and I'll change it out tomorrow night or Wednesday. I took a look at the v glide and I am guessing I need to pull a battery to gain access, remove all the wires and pull it out to swap out the microswitch?
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #14
crash test dummy

only 1 battery

it's held in with 2 nuts and bolts (small flat head )
the nut is very small you can get it in from the wire side with needle nose pliers

Old 12-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #15
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

Well I finally got around to replacing the micro switch in the v glide. Between work and family I've been busy and in between I couldn't find one anyone locally so I ordered one online. Apparently I ordered the wrong one. I ordered a 2 terminal instead of a 3. I had another diagram that looked like a 2 so that's why I ordered that one and noticed it is a 3 when I got in there. Now I also noticed the last diagram in this thread is a 3. I figured I might as well give it a go seeing that I had it apart. It didn't work. Can anyone confirm that a 3 terminal is necessary? I can see both side terminals on the 3 are NC as is the 1 side of the 2 terminal switch but I'm not that knowledgeable beyond that.

In the meantime I'll be replacing my U bolts with heavy duty U bolts. I threw the towel in on getting the old ones to fit through.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need a Normally Closed switch (N.C.).

The 3 terminal switch has both, a N.O. and a N.C. terminal, you only use the N.C.

If you can find a 2 terminal N.C. switch, that would also work.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #17
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

That makes sense. Thanks for the response. I ordered a new one and should have it tomorrow to give it a try.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #18
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

I installed the new microswitch today. As soon as I pressed on the pedal it fried. A little smoke came out of the v glide assembly and I opened it up again and it's shot. Any idea what could be causing this?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:45 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That usually happens when You have a diode backwards across the Solenoid coil.

Check Your wiring according to the diagram in Crash post #2, if You have a diode on the Solenoid, the "stripe" side of the diode (cathode) needs to be on the yellow wire that goes to the Key Switch (positive).
Old 12-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #20
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

From what I could see the diode looked like it was it was on backwards so I flipped it. Put a new 3 terminal microswitch in the vglide and hooked the battery back up to give it another try. I have the rear wheels off the ground. Turned the key on, put it in forward, pressed the pedal and a ton of smoke again from the vglide. Microswitch is fried. I kept the cover off to watch and the glide moved up and within a second it smoked.

Here are some pictures of my wiring. I feel like I am following the diagram to the tee but again being new to this I might be missing something. There is a diagram on a parts website that even zooms in on the solenoid and includes the diode and snubber and it appears to be correct.

As a reminder this happened after I replaced the solenoid and f&r switch. Both are for 2000.5+ ds 36 volt. Any thoughts out there? I appreciate the help so far. I bought two extra micro switches this time so I can troubleshoot faster. Family coming in town this weekend and I'd love to be running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car