lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #11
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tire size question

So what you are saying is that there are no tires that are larger that will fit without some kind of lift?

Bottom line l would like a tire to increase my mph. I have code 4

Thanks
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Tire size question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
So what you are saying is that there are no tires that are larger that will fit without some kind of lift?

Bottom line l would like a tire to increase my mph. I have code 4

Thanks

I don't know on a club car precedent, but on a club car DS a 20" tire will fit without a lift if the rim/wheel has basically stock offset. My 12" rims have basically stock offset and 20" tires would be fine...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #13
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a CC Precedent, it is on Private or speed code 4.

I have 12" wheels with 215 50 tires and it will do 20 to 23 MPH. The 23 needs a little tailwind, LOL.

I am told these wheels/tires will fit without a lift kit, but I can't prove that, because I do have an All American 4" lift kit in it.
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a link to a thread that shows an un-lifted Precedent with 14" wheels on it. They don't specify the tire size but i'm sure its in the range of 205x30-14 to 225x30-14. Again, its the diameter of the tires that matter not the wheels. I'm sure the tires in this case are no more than 20" tall. They specify the wheels have a 20MM offset which probably means 20MM backspacing depending on how you use the terminology. This is a custom cart builder in Canada.
There is some modification in the wheel well/wells specifically by the right front tire. It is not in this thread but they explain it in another that I can't find right now. Its in this site somewhere if you want to take the time to research it. As I recall this was not major surgery and could be done by a do-it-yourselfer with some minimum skills and tools.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...edent-14s.html

So, my experience with another brand of cart with 14" wheels and 20" tires is that you will gain about 3mph on the flats. This assumes your drive train, specifically the batteries are up to the task. Adding weight (passengers) will cut into this a little probably. There are a couple of negatives. The low profile tires will give you a harsher ride. You will notice it. Also the larger diameter tires effectively change the final drive ratio lower numerically resulting in reduced acceleration and possibly slower speeds up the same hill than before, all else being equal.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
Kingman
Gone Wild

It appears that there really isn't an answer. But l thank you for trying, l am just going to bring my cart into one of my local cart places to see about the tires and wheels, batteries and to see about a little more performance and take my chances.

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car