lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Remind Me Why Again?

Remind me again why I need an upgraded motor, 500 Amp controller, larger Ga wires, Larger Amp Batteries?

I've got a 6" lift kit, new 23" tires, HD rear springs and a Clays basket to install as soon as I can find a Round Tuit.

Now, since I'll have to replace batteries soon due to poor maintenance by the previous owner, I'm thinking of going with the Trojan T-890's.
Since I'm upgrading the batteries, now I'm thinking of the other electrical upgrades.
Why I'm thinking of spending this much money on a cart that I just cruise around on at around 10 MPH is what I can't figure out.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Remind Me Why Again?

Old 03-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

yeah, ma and downsouth are in the same boat.
I want to make a bunch of upgrades to my lifted Precedent that I don't even drive!!!
It has become the defacto cart of my 16 year old daughter....
I have my lowly Carryall.

Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
I didn't update that Pic from when I posted it. I ditched the low profile tires with real ones, added a Clays rack in the front, 4-gun rack on the back, new dash with stereo, RV mirror and a few other extras.
It had the purple Plumquick motor too.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
Dlab
Gone Wild

Yea it's crazy. It's almost as bad as a boat "but the boat will eat you alive way more". I wanted my boat to run 80+ loaded to fish........well it does that now......now I need this dang electric thing to run 20+ loaded to HUNT........getting closer....I've seen 21 with a fresh uncharged pack.......

But yea.....I'm sure a new motor is in my future. 12mph honestly did everything I needed it to.......but now that it only goes 16 up a hill I need more? LOL! I feel bro!!!
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

DownSouth, I am the same way. I bought my wife a 2011 prec, lifted, now I want more power, speed and more stuff. I drive it way more then her. Didn't know much about carts until I got into this group.
REDSLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car