lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Default New owner of a 2003 Cc DS 48v

Hi all, I recently purchased a new to me 2003 Ds cart. I love the thing except for a few issues it has. Hoping I could get some help from all the pros on here! Before I start, I've researched above and beyond! But am confused by quite a bit of it. So very sorry for asking some of the same questions you guys answer all the time. Please help this cart newb!!

#1. The cart was being charged when I got to the past owner. It showed roughly 3/4 level. The owners yard was small so the only real testing I could do was driving it as fast as I dared around the yard. And making sure foward and reverse worked. And because of you guys I also checked voltage on the group of 6 8volt batteries and got 50v exactly. The cart drove fine and seemed in decent shape. Body looks new and the only issue is a seat is torn and needs to be recovered. Plus... got it for $1200. So couldn't resist and bought it. After I got home I noticed down a hill it just coast as fast as I'll allow it too. Uphill it's only hitting 8mph. Completely stock and non lifted or anything. On a flat level field she hits 10-11mph. But from what I read she's supposed to do 12mph flat and only barely slow up a slight hill, am I wrong there? I did charge it all day and the batteries then read 54.2volts. However I noticed water sitting on top and leaking out of the batteries. Looks like he over filled them. I tested voltage while I was driving and it dropped fast to 47.6-48.3. When I left off and waited a second or two it would climb to 51-52.5volts. The batteries were bought 1.5 years ago. Can see the date right on the side of the batteries and all match. They are AutoCraft 8GC.

#2. I checked the things I could check like wiring, and after as hard a romp as I could give it none of the wiring was hot. It all measured within a few degrees of another. The batteries were the same way, a warm 78 in 70 degree weather but all within 2 degrees of each other. This after a ten minute ride with my wife and I both on it and going up any hill I could floored the whole time. After a charge for the first little bit she does seem quicker. But slows. My question is, what do I need to start on in order to get this puppy up to 20 at least. Crushing at that speed would suffice. And 12-15 uphill would be acceptable.

The serial is AA0314-270393. From what I've read that serial really helps yall. Ask away for any other info you need. I'm an electrical engineer so I have all the tools I could ever need at my disposal and have tried to give as much info as possible to help yall help me. Hopefully it works!
Banditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New owner of a 2003 Cc DS 48v

Welcome.
This seems to me to be a series cart. Does it have the stick with the ball top, or a toggle switch with a F and an R on each side. If it is a series cart, it is a workhorse but getting up to speed, it may take a little investment. But you are in at the right price! Talk to Dave at revolution or Scotty B. I think you are in for a few upgrades. First, I am guessing your battery pack is on its last legs. Next you will want to upgrade Cables to at least 4g or even 2g. After that I predict a new motor, controller, solenoid, and F/R switch. The good news is that you will be very familiar with your cart.. I am new to this too, but you catch on quick.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

You have yourself a series cart. It's a workhorse and not a speed demon but a controller upgrade, motor, bigger cables, HD solenoid, HD fnr toggle or reversing contactor and taller tires could get you in the mid to high twenties depending on your wants/needs.

I too have a series cart and can push up to 23-24mph and mine is setup for torque. If I invested in to speed motor instead, no doubt I could've got close to 30mph. Just depends on how much you're willing to spend, but definitely reach out to Scottyb or David with Revolution Carts for assistance.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info! It's a lever with a ball, not the rocker switch.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Some info that is a good read from Scotty B.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-.html
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info! I do want to lift it, knobbies would come after. But then again may stay with street. Not sure on that yet but will want to lift. The idea of this is to hold two child seats on the rear, and two adults and a child up front. While driving around town. Here if the roads below 35, you're legal to ride on it so it will see a lot of use. The tq is very important to me and so is speed. But what you have NCPW WOULD BE PERFECT !!
Don't need to go faster than that.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #7
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: New owner of a 2003 Cc DS 48v

Don't overlook high-speed gears...I have built serverial DS series carts and left everything stock and changed the rear end gears and picked up speed readings in the mid 20's. There is no gear alignment like in an automotive rear end and the investment will be worth it....😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #8
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm, I can see that helping. But with doing that I'd lose tq would I not? Top end is great but not so sure the motor and controller would have the arse behind them to pull those higher gears all while taking my fluffy butt and family up a hill. I'll look into it for sure though. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car