lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
Cre8tive_E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent tail lights don’t come on! New mad Jax ultimate wire harness!!

My 2013 with 2017 harness precedent didn’t have a lights wiring harness. Installed a new mad Jax (02-01 ultimate harness with lighted dash switch that came in the kit. Don’t have turn signals, brake pedal switch or horn. I see that the kit comes with wires for all the above. The pedal wires have 3 wires that are just loose. The 2 horn wires are also Loose and the harness plug is also loose. So the only wires connected are both tail lights into the harness and the two plugs into the headlight on the harness. I turn on the switch and get the headlights to turn on but nothing out back. I went ahead and went to the local dealer and he gave me a jumper plug that plugs in the plug under the dash into the mad Jax harness. It has yellow, white and red jumped. Tried it and nothing. Headlights still work fine. I went ahead and jumped the red and yellow which one was a female and the other male leaving the black alone and the taillights came one!!! But the switch is on off position...when I turn it on the headlights come on but the taillights turn off...I’m so confused???
Cre8tive_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent tail lights don’t come on! New mad Jax ultimate wire harness!!

Do you have a voltage converter in there somewhere? (48 volt to 12 volt)
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
Cre8tive_E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent tail lights don’t come on! New mad Jax ultimate wire harness!!

Not yet, just trying to make the lights work using two batts. As soon as they come on I will purchase the reducer. Already a mess with wires, couldn’t imagine installing the reducer while figuring out the taillights...but yes, I know I need it and will get one.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you can get to the connections on the tail lights measure the voltage. If you have 12v's and the lights are still off it would mean that you have reversed polarity to the lights.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Cre8tive_E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Meaning the the plug was reversed? Or the writing harness came revwresed?
Old 04-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8tive_E View Post
Meaning the the plug was reversed? Or the writing harness came revwresed?
LED’s have a positive And ground unlike the standard incandescent bulb. If the voltage measures twelve volts at the light harness connection at the brake lights, then the wires need to be reversed at the harness connection.

Mad Jax does some strange things electronically. I am not a fan personally of their products because of issues like this.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #7
Cre8tive_E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hmm, ok I will take them off from the back and check it out. That would be a mystery solved. Thanks, will advise when I do.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:06 AM   #8
iggy77
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8tive_E View Post
Hmm, ok I will take them off from the back and check it out. That would be a mystery solved. Thanks, will advise when I do.
have you solved this yet, i think i have same problem?
Thanks
iggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car