lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #11
Redbeardcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 DS -- Suddenly Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjqila View Post
If the half speed is enabled now for some odd reason, how does one enable full speed?
Full/Half speed is controlled by the 3rd micro switch on the F/R assembly. Use the wiring diagrams in the stickies at the top of this forum to verify that it’s working correctly. The only other thing I can think of is possibly a bad connection in the high current wiring somewhere causing a voltage drop.
Redbeardcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #12
biphase
Gone Wild

Here is a link to a schematic of your cart.

http://www.programainc.com/info/G442...atic_G442R.pdf

Microswitch #3 controls full/half speed. When the green wire connects to the resistor, you get half speed. When the green wire connects directly to the white wire, you get full speed
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #13
Tjqila
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll take a look at see this weekend, but I'm going to guess its in the Full Speed config as no wires were disconnected to remove the body. But lets play devils advocate here. Let say the green wire came disconnected from the white wire, do they just push back together somehow? On the diagram it looks like the white wire is connected to the black wire by default? Im no electrician so I have no idea what the different symbols are on this diagram. I do really appreciate all this help. I'm confident we'll eventually find the cause.
Tjqila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:09 AM   #14
biphase
Gone Wild

The microswitch connects the green wire to either the resistor (center) when you are in reverse or to the white wire (bottom) when you are in forward. Ultimately, the green wire is connected to the black wire either through a resistor (in reverse) or directly through the white wire (in forward).

If you just perform the throttle resistance test described in a previous post, you will have your answer as to whether this is the cause of your speed problem.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #15
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Going back to your first post, you should not get a spark when attaching the batteries as that indicates a closed circuit. Could be caused by the solenoid points welded closed. If the cart goes faster in reverse than fwd. then the half speed wire is probably crossed.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
Rwalsh77
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the micro switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rwalsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #17
Tjqila
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Green and white wires are in the correct place. The cart goes slower in reverse (super slow) than it does going forward. I literally max out at like 10mph going forward. The only test I have not done is the resistance lest previously mentioned. I have not had the time. It may just be less headache to trade it in...LOL.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #18
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjqila View Post
Green and white wires are in the correct place. The cart goes slower in reverse (super slow) than it does going forward. I literally max out at like 10mph going forward. The only test I have not done is the resistance lest previously mentioned. I have not had the time. It may just be less headache to trade it in...LOL.
The one thing you can do to see if the controller is working correctly is to disconnect the batteries then remove from the controller the #6 gauge blue wire from the M- terminal and the #6 gauge green wire from the B+ terminal. Leave the #6 gauge yellow wire on the B+. Get 4 12volt light bulbs and join them in series with one end to M- and the other end to B+. Reconnect the batteries, turn on the key and put the direction lever in forward. As you press the accel. pedal once the solenoid has closed the bulbs should start burning, dull at first getting brighter as you press further until fully bright. Do the same in reverse and the intensity of the light should be less. You can at the same time attach a multimeter to M- and B+ and check the voltage, should increase from 0 to full battery voltage in forward when the pedal is down to the floor.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #19
Tjqila
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Amazing amount of help.. thank you guys. Everything seems to be functioning as it should. I'm thinking maybe the motor has just become a bit tired and cant push us the way it used to. Eventually this is going to happen with any motor, so I'll either trade her in or get a new setup for a high speed system.

Thank you all for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car