lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Reverse Buzzer On When Charging

Has to be a wire shorting or grounding out somewhere.... This is so unusual....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #12
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

The voltages going all over the place on the Battery Light on the dash make me think its more than a ground/short.
Lightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please confirm the color of the wires connected to both the "battery warning light" and the "Reverse buzzer" terminals.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #14
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention, that I took out the entire dash and tested the voltages at the 9 Pin wiring harness, also. The voltages there were erratic, also.

I will check the color of the wires in the dash, though, when I get a chance.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #15
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

Warning Light has Orange and Brown/White going to it.

Reverse Buzzer has Pink and Orange/White going to it.

Voltages still erratic at the 9 pin connector upstream of this point with the entire dash disconnected from the rest of the electrical.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
Lightshade
Not Yet Wild

So, I had to put this on the back-burner for awhile, but have started thinking about it again. I still have not been able to track this one down.

I noticed today that if I plug in the charging cord to the cart with the charger unplugged from the wall outlet, that the buzzing stops and stays off for awhile even after unplugging the charging cord from the cart.

This one sure is puzzling me.

Capacitor somewhere? Slow ground?

I have tried this with the original charger and a brand new charger. Same results.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Sounds a lot like a bad ground connection somewhere. When you plug the charger in you're getting feedback into the dash wiring. This could be literally anything on the cart, but check the ground wires where they all joint at the controller B- terminal first. This is where the OBC battery pack and most other ground wiring on the cart are connected.

When you plug the charger in does it start making the noise right away as soon as the plug is inserted, or does it only start making the noise once the charger actually turns on?

Its possible if some mice were doing their business on top of the controller there is damage inside the controller. Those terminals are looking awful corroded in the pic.

In the pic above there are red white and black wires that come in from the right side, What do they go to?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The erratic voltage on the battery indicator is normal since there is an infrared diode inside that light that sends information to a diagnostic hand-held device.

You can see the infrared diode blink by looking at the battery indicator through your phone's camera.

Try disconnecting the 4-pin molex plug from the controller in case there is a short on any those wires that is causing issues with the controller.

That connector is not needed for the cart to operate, it is only used to connect the IQDM programmer.

Edit:
I know You said you checked every wire, but look closely to the "sense" wire which is the gray wire from the charger receptacle that connects to the back of the OBC with a quick connect.

That wire may provide the voltage reference that you are measuring on the reverse buzzer if it is somehow shorting with the Orange/White wire that goes to the reverse buzzer.

Last edited by Sergio; 04-11-2019 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Comment about the sense wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car