lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 05:11 AM   #1
joshuads1992
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Negative Camber Issue

Howdy all,

We use a PQ 2008 Club Car Precedent as a maintenance vehicle at our school here in Australia. It's constantly driving on hard surfaces and is chewing through tyres as a result of some issues we are having with the camber.

It has approximately 12mm (close to 1/2") of negative camber (gap at the top of the wheels) with the tyres placed alongside a roofing square.

We have tried adjusting both the tie rod ends as well as the leaf spring bolt. Neither adjustment will bring us anywhere close to eliminating the camber, or even introducing a little positive camber which I understand is ideal from the service manual and online tutorials.

At this point we have replaced both tie rod ends, both king pins, both shock absorbers, the leaf spring and it's associated bushings. None of these have alleviated the issue.

When shaking and manipulating the wheels there is only very very minor movement and we are at wits end trying to diagnose our issue. Any suggestions and advice would be very welcome.
joshuads1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Negative Camber Issue

Negative camber is when the top of the wheel is pointed inward toward the center of the vehicle. //——\\ Is that what you have?

There are only a few things that will cause that to be that drastic. Typically that would be bent control arms, or a bent upper delta plate I think they call it. It’s the bracket on top of the spindle that the control arm and shock attach to.

Could also be a bent spindle but that would normally affect one side and not the other.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camber, suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car