lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
alohakane
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 Club Car ERIC charging cart not charging

I've got a 2014 Precedent with the ERIC charging system that doesn't seem to be charging. When I plug in the charger no lights come on, on the charger (Delta Q). I'm getting 48v at the plug from charger. I've checked continuity on power cord and charger cord and it's good. Checked all fuses on the cart.

What else could I check to narrow down the issue? What other components can I check that could be affecting this?

Thanks for any help!
alohakane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Club Car ERIC charging cart not charging

So You already checked the 30 amp fuse on the red wire near the Solenoid that comes from the charger receptacle?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
alohakane
Not Yet Wild

My bad. I don't think charger is kicking on. I was reading feedback voltage form the batteries. I'm guessing bad charger. Any way to troubleshoot charger?
Old 04-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
alohakane
Not Yet Wild

My mechanic said he checked every fuse and all tested good. I saw an earlier thread where you said the same thing and I asked him to recheck.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Plug the charger into a wall AC outlet. Do NOT plug it into the cart. Do the LEDs on the front of the charger turn on at all? They should cycle through each one and then the Blue LED should come on solid and stay On.

If you have NO status lights when the charger is plugged into the wall, remove the AC cord from the charger. Check the wire ends and terminals for any damage or corrosion and check for 120V AC reaching the charger end of the AC cord.
If you have AC power reaching the charger and no damage to the AC plug on the charger, and NO status LEDs on the front with the charger ONLY plugged into the wall, the charger is damaged internally and will need to be replaced.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
alohakane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Plug the charger into a wall AC outlet. Do NOT plug it into the cart. Do the LEDs on the front of the charger turn on at all? They should cycle through each one and then the Blue LED should come on solid and stay On.

If you have NO status lights when the charger is plugged into the wall, remove the AC cord from the charger. Check the wire ends and terminals for any damage or corrosion and check for 120V AC reaching the charger end of the AC cord.
If you have AC power reaching the charger and no damage to the AC plug on the charger, and NO status LEDs on the front with the charger ONLY plugged into the wall, the charger is damaged internally and will need to be replaced.
Thanks. Bad charger
Old 04-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Good call Fairtax.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohakane View Post
Thanks. Bad charger
Be sure to check with CC, I believe it is either a 3 or 5 year warranty on the ERIC.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging issue, eric, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car