lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
bdeer
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 precedent won’t go at full throttle

I bought a disassembled 2013 precedent that was a bit of a basket case. The wiring harness has been hacked up so I ordered and installed a new harness and got it moving. The problem is that it works fine up to around 1/2 to 3/4 fill throttle on the pedal, but any more and it does nothing and acts like you aren’t on the throttle at all. I have swapped the motor, speed sensor, controller and mcor from another cart that runs fine but I’m still having the same problem even with those parts swapped for parts that I know are good. What else could be wrong?
bdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 precedent won’t go at full throttle

You need to verify the MCOR signal to the Controller. Could be in the linkage....

With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle - verify the linkage). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 precedent won’t go at full throttle

You will also get that behavior if it is an Excel system (gray curtis controller) and you purchased an IQ harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car