lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Can I reuse my battery watering system?

I just replaced the batteries in my 2010 48 volt Precedent. The old batteries were PD+ brand and had a watering system attached to the caps, however I dont have the bottle that attaches to it. I kept the caps off the old batteries. Can they be used on my new Precision batteries? If so what is the best way to clean them before installing them on the new batteries? They have white crusty stuff on them which I can only assume is dried battery acid. I thought about soaking them in bleach but the guy at the battery shop said that bleach could damage the rubber seals. Could I soak them in vinegar then rinse them with distilled water? Also where could I get the bottle that attaches to the watering system? As you all know new batteries aren't cheap and I want to do my best to take care of these batteries.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can I reuse my battery watering system?

Usually the stock watering system will not fit the new batteries due to the spacing between cells. The caps will likely fit, but the tubing between the caps on the system are usually too close together.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

IMHO don't use it. Heard too many stories of their failing and ruining batteries. Also, they are an explosion hazard should one battery explode they may all explode.

They may have a purpose that can be justified when servicing a fleet of carts.

Take it off. Throw it away and just watch the water levels of your new batteries. Always add distilled water to about 3/8 to 1/2 inch above the plates. Do not overfill.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am with MC. I don’t recommend watering systems either.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I am with MC. I don’t recommend watering systems either.
How about he single bottle that fills each cell individually? Supposedly it stops filling once the appropriate level is reached thus preventing under and over filling.

Also how often should I check the water level?
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car