lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed idea, Regen 2

All you need to do is swap F1 and F2 connectors to test (and unplug the reverse buzzer for the annoyance factor during test).

If the speed, pedal down and pedal up is good, you know you can make a reverse contactor for $15 that will easily handle the field current.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #12
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems to me the OP has 1 or 2 choices for a solution. Either find a way to increase the Regen braking without damaging the electronics of the cart, or have some form of braking system at the wheel that engages at a certain rate of speed.
As a 1 off idea, you could wire a servo triggered by speed rate which could automatically engage brake lines. This is what they do in hover round type chairs.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I don't think the reverse buzzer works on this particular one anyway. But I can try switching the F wires and see what it does. If that works, then I may need to also switch the wires at the FR switch to make the switch say Forward, but it's actually in reverse.

HTown, some type of braking system would be fine except I think the cart motor would be fighting it all the time. I do have some high torque servos from an RC project from years ago that could probably pull the brake cables. I forget what voltage they're supposed to operate on. Either 12 or 5, but I think I can find a 5V power supply floating around in a junk bin somewhere.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #14
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I don't think the reverse buzzer works on this particular one anyway. But I can try switching the F wires and see what it does. If that works, then I may need to also switch the wires at the FR switch to make the switch say Forward, but it's actually in reverse.

HTown, some type of braking system would be fine except I think the cart motor would be fighting it all the time. I do have some high torque servos from an RC project from years ago that could probably pull the brake cables. I forget what voltage they're supposed to operate on. Either 12 or 5, but I think I can find a 5V power supply floating around in a junk bin somewhere.
I was just throwing something against the wall. If you could find a way to have a wheel rpm input level that would trigger the servo, it would possibly engage the brakes enough to slow the cart down while going down hill.
You’d have to wire in a system on/off switch if you did not want the cart topping out on flat lands at the downhill set speed. Truthfully if you came up with a working system, I would bet others would’ve interested in it too.
You could even in concept use a yaw rate sensor as the input too which would tell the servos to engage when the cart is “leaning” forward.

I am pretty sure they make 48 voltage to 8 and 6 volt reducers for your servos if needed which I’m sure you may even have some of.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car