lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt pds / plum quick upgrade and new controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIGGS88 View Post
One more question for everybody. The last problem I had waa a stripped hub. We pushed the cart about 100 yards and then towed it about 300 yards, so roughly 1/4 of a mile. I just remembered that day I noticed after towing it that I did not switch the cart to tow mode. Could this have caused the problem? And if so what all does towing it in run mode normally damage?
This is new information that could have been stated in Post #1. Better information helps folks give you better advice.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #12
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

We towed it slow and I do have a freedom chip, idk if that matters, but the regen braking is off. I charged it, load tested all batteries and it seems to be ok. I will try it out for a few days and see what happens
BBIGGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
We towed it slow and I do have a freedom chip, idk if that matters, but the regen braking is off. I charged it, load tested all batteries and it seems to be ok. I will try it out for a few days and see what happens
Whenever the Run/Tow switch is in the Run position, the walkaway safety is armed.

If the motor turns, the speed sensor send pulses to the controller, telling the controller the cart is moving. If the Pedal switch contacts have been open (pedal up) for more than one second and the motor is at 0RPM, the walkaway safety is activated and the controller beeps the beeper rapidly while autonomously applying regen braking with sufficient intensity to keep the cart from exceeding 2MPH on stock height tires (<500RPM). Of course, the stopping power of regen braking can be over powered by towing cart with another vehicle and when that happens the heat generated will eventually burn out the motor, which might take out the controller and may damage batteries as well.

Also, the PDS modes without regen braking do not actually turn off the regen braking, the controller simply does not activate it when the pedal is lifted while the cart is moving. If you try to exceed the max speed for any PDS mode selected while going downhill, the controller will autonomously apply regen braking to prevent the max speed for the PDS mode selected from being exceeded by a significant amount.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #14
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb I saw one of your previous posts where you sold a guy a 500a Alltrax SPM and a 400 Amp super duty solenoid kit and a HD F/R switch. Would you have a package like this for my cart that would work on a 36v motor now and 48v motor later?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15602211577743511455011938495622.jpg (147.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15602211733927168865045400243687.jpg (156.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15602211859518614873554458416912.jpg (231.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15602211961301341751261959271468.jpg (158.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #15
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Scottyb I saw one of your previous posts where you sold a guy a 500a Alltrax SPM and a 400 Amp super duty solenoid kit and a HD F/R switch. Would you have a package like this for my cart that would work on a 36v motor now and 48v motor later?
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

See Item #6 on that link
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #16
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks that looks like what I need. I gave everything a test the other day and tracked the burning smell to the controller. Everything works fine, but the cart feels different than it did previously. After 15 min or so you get the smell so Im thinking swap out the controller, run the cart until the motor fails, then swap out the motor and make it a 48v.

Tags
controller, ezgo, motor, pds, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO